Product selling

I had put up a listing on my profile for an iPhone. I had a few bids and after there was a winner, I sent an invoice about the product, shipping, etc. I have a few issues. 

Where or how do I get a tracking number to add on my listing and how do I set up a payment system on my listing to allow the winner to purchase the phone?

PS: I had done some research on payment, shipping and return policy of which I had set up on my account settings. My downside was I am unsure how to add these on my listing as it doesn't let me revise it. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Product selling

You buy a small satchel from the post office, which will have a tracking number on it (if you sold it to an Australian address)

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

I would box this item - around $9.70  to actually post - but hopefully you have added in the extras - ie - packaging etc.

You will get a tracking number on posting the item - you then add it as ' sent ' - with the tracking - in your ' orders '.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

Don't forget the insurance and signature on delivery which will cost more than the postage.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

As for payment, you appear to be signed up to managed payments,  so the buyers payment will be made direct to ebay, and ebay will subsequently forward your payment , minus fees, to your nominated account.

Note;  As a new seller,  ebay will hold your funds  for 21 days +,  but you are required to ship the item as soon as ebay advise you the item has been paid for.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

@eol-products wrote:

Don't forget the insurance and signature on delivery which will cost more than the postage.

Extras :

but hopefully you have added in the extras - ie - packaging etc.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

I thought it may be better to point it out more clearly than cal it "etc" as it is not required on sales below $750 so many new sellers may not know or try and save the money. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

@eol-products wrote:

I thought it may be better to point it out more clearly than cal it "etc" as it is not required on sales below $750 so many new sellers may not know or try and save the money. 

I would definitely be adding them regardless.  Especially being a new seller selling phones.

I can see trouble a brewing with these transactions. The title of pne says the phones come in all colours, yet the actual ad says black. The other states all colours, but they only have one phone. That ad appears to be have poached from a US seller because it mentions US carriers. The other ad appears to be poached too. I can see heartbreak for the OP.

I just hope he hasn't sold to an overseas buyer. 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

Your listings are confusing and I can see a world of hurt in your future.

- You have pictures of something you are not actually selling.

- Your images imply that the item is new as they are generic stock pictures, but your description mentions a single phone only and says that it is refurbished.

- Your description also says that the phones are unlocked to US mobile providers such as Sprint

- Why did you not put a picture of the actual phone/s you physically have?

Of the two sold listings, one of them is in US$ so it appears that you have listed that one on the Ebay USA site?

With $2 in postage.

These are both going to end up going pear shaped and you're going to lose your money and items when buyers put in disputes.

On top of which, you are ripe for scammers to take advantage as they look for sellers like yourself who have don't have a clue what you are doing and are selling high priced items.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Product selling

It's actually against policy not to include a photo of the actual item.

Picture policy | eBay

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply