Quite the entrepreneur!

I sold a vintage but never used three piece tea set for $50 including postage which cost me  $17.

It was made by my sister in ceramic class some years ago and I knew it to be unused.

The buyer messaged me after she received it and demanded a full refund because it had slight discolouration in the glaze inside. I would say it is merely an uneven application of glaze, and I must note that I did not notice it to be discoloured in all the years I owned it,

i of course gave her a full refund, as sellers have few rights these days and I knew the buyer would win any dispute.

She didn't want to return it at her cost.

When I gave her a refund through PayPal, I asked that seeing it was not to her liking could she donate it to a charity. After all, she had obtained it for nothing.

So I am surprised to see that she has listed it herself, 

is there anything I can do? We are at the mercy of these of people, who probably make a little business out of this practice.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Quite the entrepreneur!

I too would report it to ebay, as she may have done this before too. Seems very dishonest to me.

Message 11 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Dunno about anyone else, but if a buyer demanded a full refund from me with out returning it, they would have to wait till hell froze over before id give in
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 12 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

She purchased an item expecting it to be fault free. Item was not as she expected, and therefore not want she wanted, and so put in a claim. You gave a refund and did not want to go to further expense to get it back, or effort to resell. She clearly doesn't want it and so relisted at 99cent clearance with fauly clearly described

Quite normal if you ask me, 

Why do you care what she does with it if you dont want it back?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 13 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

I agree.    There is no rule that a buyer can't list a purchased item for sale  if it doesn't suit.   I have frequently done this with bought items.   Of course I didn't ask for a refund firstSmiley Surprised

I also agree with the post ^^^ about refunds.    There is no way I would given a refund without getting the item back.     However, it's water under the bridge now.    

Message 14 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

if there was a rule about reselling items purchased on ebay i'd have virtualy nothing to sell.

i buy when i see a bargain, wait for it to be hard to get, then put it up for sale at a good profit.

Message 15 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Snap, David.

I snapped up 8 bargains last week, for tuppence, as they were being listed.

Huge profit once they drop off the sold list.    

Message 16 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Hi dell,

I have bought your tea set.

Would you like it back as your christmas present or do you want me to give it to the church op shop ?

I am happy to send it to you FOC.

(I kinda try to set things straight in the world, that's what I do) Smiley Wink

image host
Message 17 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Good onya Kopes, you never cease to amaze me.

"All for One" fellow Muskie. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 18 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Well, I bet that didn't go according to plan for the seller. 99c, what a bargain! I wonder if she thought she could make double the money back she was refunded. Good on you for try to save the world. Someone has to do it, I'm glad it's you. To be honest, I thought about buying it myself, but it was pick up only. I only wanted to neg her for the hell of it.

Spoiler
KEEP SMILING images Three Musketeers HD wallpaper and background photos
Message 19 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

I was wondering why she started the bidding so low.

I know she got a full refund so it wasn't as if she had any out of pocket expenses, but really, for 99c, it would be more trouble than it was worth-paying ebay fees then having to arrange a time for pick up.

You'd think she would have started it at the very least at about $20, if she paid $50 for it.

Message 20 of 50
Latest reply