Quite the entrepreneur!

I sold a vintage but never used three piece tea set for $50 including postage which cost me  $17.

It was made by my sister in ceramic class some years ago and I knew it to be unused.

The buyer messaged me after she received it and demanded a full refund because it had slight discolouration in the glaze inside. I would say it is merely an uneven application of glaze, and I must note that I did not notice it to be discoloured in all the years I owned it,

i of course gave her a full refund, as sellers have few rights these days and I knew the buyer would win any dispute.

She didn't want to return it at her cost.

When I gave her a refund through PayPal, I asked that seeing it was not to her liking could she donate it to a charity. After all, she had obtained it for nothing.

So I am surprised to see that she has listed it herself, 

is there anything I can do? We are at the mercy of these of people, who probably make a little business out of this practice.

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Quite the entrepreneur!

I think the paccies would look great with reindeer antlers....quite striking in fact.Smiley LOL

Message 41 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I think the paccies would look great with reindeer antlers....quite striking in fact.Smiley LOL

Now there's a thought for next Xmas lyndal, maybe the Paccies pulling the John Deere ride-on with Batgirl sitting on it with her Santa hat.................................eating the presents..............sigh.

Found some       2013_635202995303548805.jpg    hahahahaha

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 42 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

As long as she stops at the presents and doesn't start on the paccies.Smiley Wink

I wonder what will happen if one of the paccies spits at her?

Message 43 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I wonder what will happen if one of the paccies spits at her?

I really was hoping you weren't going to go there lyndal............................shake_head_no_emote_by_mirz123-d3frvi2.gif

Spoiler
                                         AATfUDw.gif

Message 44 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Thankyou to all members who commented on my original post.

I am delighted to let you all know that the set was bought for 99cents, by a wonderful contributor of these pages, who wanted to "put things right in the world", kopenhaden5. ( I try to live life with a similar philosophy)

kopenhagen5 offered to post it back to me free of charge, which was such a gesture of generosity , that is hard to believe these days.

As the funds (for most of my sold items) is passed onto a children's charity, I am delighted that the teaset will go around one more time and may generate funds for another charity, this time an opshop of lovely church ladies near kopenhagen5's home.

kopenhagen5 also confirmed that my original listing was accurate.

So, all in all the outcome is that we still have wonderful people, doing things anonymously for the good of others, and at this time of year it a great feeling.

Merry Christmas and Thankyou for your input.

Del

Message 45 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Could be a bidding war for them if Kopes lets us know when they come up..................................

Glad to see a great outcome, in many ways, to a problem posted on the boards.

Message 46 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Padi. I think Kopes is personally donating them to the local church op-shop,

not listing them on ebay.

Message 47 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

original.gif Still early here Stalks and the coffee hadn't kicked in when I posted........................"slaps head"

Message 48 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!

Completely understand, Padi

This is how I think I look in the mornings -

crown.jpg

And this is how I really look -

mornin.png              Say no more

Message 49 of 50
Latest reply

Quite the entrepreneur!