Refunds

i sold an item buyer said it was damaged and wanted a refund i just do refunds because you just dont win. but the item of clothing came back wreeking of perfume and the pocket was torn she had worn this  and wrecked it .i have appealed to ebay do you think i have any chance of winning against heri havent refunded her money yet she also wants me to pay for the return postage she said i see you have the jumper back when do i get my money back and finished with a smiley face and a ha ha she knows what she is doing

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Refunds

do you have any photos of the pocket intact?
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

What was the damage that the buyer complained of?

bearing in mind that the MBG is stacked against the seller, the actual policy states:

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/money-back-guarantee.html

When an item is returned

• The buyer must return the item in the same condition in which it was received.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Should have asked for photos of the damage before return.

Now the cluey buyer can say you damaged it

Good luck

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

yes photos of jacket are in the post i was selling intact

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

she said that the pocket was torn when i took the photos it was fine and now when you hold up the jacket the pocket is torn and flops down the stitching is broken and the stink from cheap purfume is disgusting have had it out on the clothes line tring to air it out now i just know i have to refund i dont want to she is a fraudster the jacket was $76.00 dont mind if it came back as it was sent but its unsellable now   

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

saarzi
Community Member
Well gosh.. lucky youre a nice seller.

Some sellers might be helpful and refund her and point her to the Facebook ebay help groups for sellers and buyers, in case she has any questions.

Then create a new Facebook ID and plaster her Ebay name all over it with a big "ban this buyer, reported to ACORN" in the same groups. If she tries the same with the seller, they could point everyone to their original post and her real name / details.

Some people believe there are certain unsaid rules in life. People who do not play by the rules must also accept others may not either in response to them.

Just sayin. Lol
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

saarzi
Community Member
On the other hand... if the top is broken and unsellable... why bother airing it out on the clothes line rather than dump it in the bin?
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

guess so its so pretty though guess i might as well give the refund and chuck it out im not refunding her return postage she will give me bad feed back im sure but ill slam her back as well thanks guys

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Refunds

honestly, if she is going to give you bad feedback there is no point in refunding her as well.  

but ebay will probably step in and give her a refund with your money.

If you do get a defect, you can only get one defect per transaction -  perhaps some other more experienced sellers have more idea on what you should do.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply