Relisting fee $3.50?

Can anyone clarify what seems to me to be an anomaly in my recent listing/insertion fees.

Ok, I am not a store owner and I list my items as Buy It Now.

Just recently (in last 4-5 days) when I have gone to relist, I notice I am being told I will be charged $3.50 per item relisted.

When I phoned and EVENTUALLY got customer service, and after lots of "ums" and "errs" I was told told $3.50 is the normal charge if relisting item (BIN) if in multiples.  I may be wrong but that doesnt sound right. 

I have always relisted, BIN, in multiples of 10 and only been charge $1.50 per relisting (100's of times over the last 4 or 5 invoices)

Sooo, my question is...... have I been lucky in the past with the $1.50 relisting fee?....and is $3.50 the real charge for relisting (Buy It Now) in multiples of 10?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Relisting fee $3.50?

Thanks sportandplay.

Yes, I am about to open a store (basic). Have been holding off as I thought a credit card was a prerequisite (and I dont do credit cards anymore) but (surprisingly) I read recently, in this forum I think, that I could use a debit card to register........ as I thought I couldnt and that a credit card was the only way.

My monthly accounts are and always have been deducted from my PayPal account.

As my sales have been increasing steadily over the last year or so, the 40 free listings (and one FREE 200 lists kindly posted in this forum) are soon used up and then the real cost of relisting 60-80 every 10 days is, of course,  not kind to my profit margins.

The search results do not surprise me........been disappointed, as are a lot of others, since it started giving results as you posted. Just putting up with it at the moment and hoping things might improve. Fortunately, about 50% of my sales are returning clients so that certainly helps.

Incidently, very interested (and concerned) you found those odd prices when you did a search. Could you advise where or what and I will rectify ASAP (I couldn't find them)

Thanks for assistance all.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

The results were from a search of your listings using the Price refinement on the left hand side to find any items $9.96 and over. Very odd that 3 listings appear yet your items are listed at $9.95.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/redgum49/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_from&_ipg&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1540&_udlo=9...

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

Man Surprised I guess it just another "glitch" as described in my email above, received from customer service

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

I've had the same problem this morning.

I went to the "fee calculator" and put in the listing exactly as I was trying. This is a continuous listing that has been on for months without any change.

The calculator clearly said it should be $1.50 so definitely a glitch.

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Nothing to do with the very old thread you hijacked.

Everything to do with the almost guarantee that you have exceeded your quota of free listings for the month.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

image.gif

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

image.gif

I LOVE this!!! winner smiley.gif

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

getting awfully sick of reading and writing a reply then finding out the thread is 3 years old and irrelevant. Feel free to use it.
Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
getting awfully sick of reading and writing a reply then finding out the thread is 3 years old and irrelevant. Feel free to use it.

It seems like the system was messed up way back then as well...

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply