Requesting increase in selling limit

joz15au
Community Member

I have just opened another selling account and want to request an increase in selling limit by linking it to my established account which meets the stated criteria, but when I go to put in the details there are not enough spaces to insert my registered phone number which is a mobile.  I tried changing the registered number on my established account to my land line number but still was unable to have the phone details accepted.  I have tried all different ways of entering them with no success.  Does anyone know how this should be entered?  There seems to be no way the mobile number will fit no matter what I do.  I've looked up the information pages regarding this but it doesn't seem to address this issue anywhere.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone, will give them a  call. (Yes Tippy, that's what I'm trying to do - it asks for the User ID, registered phone number and postcode of the established account.).

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Request a call back from ebay and ask them over the phone.

Back when I was selling I had the same issues and it looks like things still haven't improved lol.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your reply.  I thought that would be the case but was hoping someone might know a way around it, I hate ringing eBay.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

have you tried entering it in the international format ?  which is just lose the 0 at the start ?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, tried that, still leaves a number short in the space provided.  Thanks.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Weird.

Just checked my account and it has 9 spaces.

It is international format so already has +61 populated

If you need to put landline, - then you would need to put area code which would bring it to 10 spaces all up needed

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

In my registered account details it has the +61 in the first box, then allows 9 digits in the second, so leaving off the 0 at the front of my mobile number it fits exactly, but where you click on 'request limit increase' there is only 8 digits in the second section, which is enough if using the land line number, but not for a mobile.  Still didn't work entering my land line number though, even after playing around with various options for the first box.  Sorry, I replied to your last post under my other id, knew I'd do that!

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Did it again, but I'm actually logged in under my new id - I must have stuffed up somewhere. Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Don't forget - it's Friday (maintenance day) maybe try again tomorrow....just a thought
Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

You can only request an increase to selling limits by phoning eBay.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply