Return Request and buyer point blank will not return item

Don't know how to proceed.  This is an issue on another selling account.

Buyer requests a return because not as described (I missed something in the listing and have acknowledged this).  Seller also received item 3 weeks ago and only now finds an issue in my description of goods and left positive feedback when received.

I have agreed to the return and advised I will pay return postage and purchase/original shipping upon return receipt (which is within ebay guidelines).

Buyer has refused point blank to return until they are fully refunded.

I have been called a liar, a person not to be trusted and fraudulent seller in email.

Buyer just won't work with me to resolve this issue.

Money has already been removed from PP a/c.  And ebay have given me 3 days to receive the return and refund the buyer HaHa

I know from their attack attitude that if I refund before receiving item back they will not return the item.  My gut feeling is they want a refund and to keep item.

Im between a rock and a hard place - How should I proceed.

Never had a return request before and only ever 1 request before in decades of online selling.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Return Request and buyer point blank will not return item

Has there been any mention of sending a return label, then refunding original price on return. Buyers are reluctant to pay extra upfront in order to return something.

On that note what happens if you pay for and send a return label and the item still doesn't come back have you just wasted more money for nothing. But then still cheaper than refunding normally.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

All good. Buyer returned item after I advised that there would be no refund if item was not returned. Have received it and refunded. Looks like buyer made the damage to item though not an error in listing. Thank goodness I did not have to jump through hoops with ebay.
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

So its not received back in the condition in which you sent it out.

By the rules you should not have to refund anyway.

But I've yet to hear of anyone who has been able to make this point stand up with ebay.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply