Revolting adverts showing at the top of eBay pages

Hello,

For months I have been tolerating a disgusting, graphic paid advert displayed at the top of eBay pages when I am running my ebay store. It was a close up of someone's ear with earwax being pulled out of it. Today it seems to have been replaced with a new one which is even more disgusting, showing the green contents from someone's throat!!! It literally makes me feel sick. I am attaching a photo of it.

Both ads are entirely irrelevant, I don't have ear or throat problems so they are obviously not linked to my search history (which is not trackable anyway).

As a long time seller on eBay and the fact that eBay make good money from me, I do not see why I should have to put up with any ads, let alone offensive ads like. You surely have some control over what ads are shown to your sellers!? Any ads are annoying when you're paying a company fees, but these are offensive and unacceptable. 

I look forward to hearing from you as a matter of urgency to fix this, I have been patient and tolerant with the revolting ear ad but this being even worse, enough is enough.

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Revolting adverts showing at the top of eBay pages

Thanks very much for the link!

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that, there aren't many options available so I chose 'this add is inappropriate' every time, but unfortunately it made no difference. There ought to be an option to report an ad for being offensive. I saw another person had posted something similar on here about one of the paid ads linking to something dodgy. Amazing that Google ads don't vet what they're displaying all over the place.

Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

No worries, glad to help out.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

I moved from Adblock Plus to uBlock Origin in Firefox for more control. I used Chrome the other day and was gobsmacked by the amount of ads on here. Firefox for me.
Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

Use Adblock with Chrome as well. I use Chrome for the boards and one account and I get the same amount of ads as I do with Firefox.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

We use uBlock Origin in Chrome.

Chosen and installed by my son who is an IT expert.

Works a treat.
Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

I was using Adblock, but it stopped working.     Dunno why.     Anybody?

I now use Nano Adblocker.    Works brilliantly, better than Adblock ever did.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I was using Adblock, but it stopped working.     Dunno why.     Anybody?

............maybe all those trips to 'murrica confused it Stawks................original.gif

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

2 Things firstly OP, clear you cookies it could be targeted advertising

Secondly Any one know of an adblocker that doesn't allow websites to detect you are using one?
Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

@danieh_6 wrote:

Secondly Any one know of an adblocker that doesn't allow websites to detect you are using one?

That's discussed in this link danieh :-

https://www.quora.com/Are-there-stealth-adblockers-that-are-not-detectable-by-websites

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply