SENDLE disaster

Sent an item to a buyer in a small town in Victoria, mostly because Sendle was pushed at me by eBay itself. So took the Sendle option on the eBay "print a postage label" screen. Paid $8.83

Turns out Fastway do not service that town in VIC, or they do, but for a huge fee. So lo and behold my package arrives back at my address, 3 weeks later,  marked Return to Sender and a OOA sticker (outside our area).

Buyer is upset and wants me to send it again or refund.

Called eBay. No joy, want me to contact Sendle for a shipping refund (even though eBay deducted the shipping payment and legally they are obliged to refund it if the service is not provided). Sendle website is rubbish, will allow you to send an email and they say they will respond ... sometime. No phone number to call.

What to do next....?

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: SENDLE disaster

@seadweller007 wrote:

Another example of eBay ripping off their sellers .

They need to fix it and reimburse you.

How has ebay ripped anyone off? The OP CHOSE to use that service. They weren't forced by ebay or anyone else. All the options are there when you create a postage label. You can select whichever option you like. Yet, the OP tried to capitalise on the extra postage paid, and paid the price.

Nothing to fix, and nothing to reimburse. Maybe next time they'll try and not save 50c and use a more reliable option.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

How is Ebay ripping of the seller,  more like a silly seller trying to rip off their customer, and then blaming everyone for his creed

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Nice little tag team at work here. 🙄

EBay took my money for a service that was not provided (either by eBay or its partner), and eBay are rightfully going to reimburse me. eBay seems to understand the legal position, even if the Einsteins in the tag team can't quite grasp it.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

@mark.wooba wrote:

I've sent and received rigid items in letter post numerous times without a problem.

My listing specified AP as default. This item is unprofitable to sell at all if using parcel mail.

You do not seem to comprehend that times have changed, while your item may sneak through AP's new systems, it will more than likely be detected.    You should also be aware, that in addition to additional payment and penalties, you can also be held accountable for any damage caused to  AP facilities and/or

other parcels.

Note:   your ability to sell at a profit, is of no concern to  AP.  And  AP have implemented new processing methods, purely to detect those who think they do not have to pay full price.

By the way, no tag team, but apparently no one agrees with your position on this, and it does not take Einstein  to see that.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

we all like to save money on post but i cant believe people would still use Sendle.

For me they were a cluster'mess 3 out of 5 times.

They and TransDirect are reliably a waste of time.

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

I appreciate that you feel you were suckered into using sendle and maybe you were, but the main thing here is your buyer paid for the item and presumably that payment included postage.

Your probelms are not the buyer's responsibility so you needed to refund or resend, regardless of whether you were out of pocket or not.

Now I know you are being refunded postage and that's good, but even if you had not have been, you owed it to the buyer to at least refund. It wouldn't be good enought o just cry that it wasn't your fault.

But yes, I do agree that if sendle cannot deliver to an area without upping the charges, then it needs to say so clearly once you type in a postcode. Would make life easier.

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

I have used Sendle a lot in the last 3 months.

1 .If I the delivery address is not serviced by Sendle it is not even presented as an Option when printing a label.

2. If Sendle is an option it clearly shows the amount payable. If it is more than Aus Post then I use Aus Post.

3. So far Sendle has been cheaper and quicker than Aus Post to the areas it services.

4. I am aware that Sendle is just a Broker , it is more likely to be Couriers Please or Fastway actually delivering the item

There is however a Caveat to the above.

Namely a glitch has developed whereby I have been getting charged more by EBay than the actual cost of the Sendle label .EBay have acknowledged the problem and are addressing it at the moment. They have promised to re-reimburse any over payment

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

@holdencaulfield2006 wrote:

a glitch has developed whereby I have been getting charged more by EBay than the actual cost of the Sendle label .EBay have acknowledged the problem and are addressing it at the moment. They have promised to re-reimburse any over payment

Bwahahahaha 😂😂😂

Don't hold your breath. eBay postage labels has been more than $10 dearer per item than using the Sendle Dashboard for aeons. eBay have absolutely zero intention of fixing the issue when it's actively increasing their profits - or "money for nothing" so to speak. When questioned they pass the buck by saying they don't set the postage charges for their labels (🤣🤣🤣), and simply blame the overcharging error on Sendle setting the price by overcharging them.

If you actually believe what eBay CS agents have told you, I'm thinking of selling a bridge spanning Sydney Harbour that may interest you 😉

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply