Sales Decreased Recently

Just wonderful if others are experiencing a drop in sales recently, especially during this week. Cat Sad

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sales Decreased Recently

@chameleon54 wrote:

I have found the same thing. overseas sales have held up very well. January was soft but put in extra time and effort and still ended up with slightly above average sales ( for a lot of extra work ) First ten days of Feb. same ghost town as others. I have spoken to a couple of B & M operators who report the same thing so not just on ebay. Had a few very good sales in the last couple of hours since last post so things seem to be coming back. ( last few days have been reasonable. ) 

Good to know the B & M stores are feling it too - I was starting to wonder if it was a case of buyers not seeing our listings.

Maybe it's a Year of the Horse thing Woman Surprised Hope not!!

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Sales Decreased Recently

I had one of my best weeks ever the week before last then I had one of the worst ever. Now it appears to have gone back to a sensible average so overall no change.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

Yes, but I took 2 days off (closed my store), however it does seem to be taking longer than usual for sales to return to "normal" whatever that is on ebay.Smiley Happy

In any case, I'm enjoying a bit of a break from the pressure of packing, packing and more packing. LOL

Hope things improve for you soon.

There are lots of ups and downs in business and ebay selling is no different. Just stick at it, offer the best customer service you can and the sales will happen. Best not to stress too much.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

I,m usually one of the optimists but got to admit, last week the BINS in stores where a shocker ( worst in 12 months ). It has picked up the last couple of days and starting to return to normal. The only saving grace was the 200 free listings on 3 id,s. Managed to get 360 auctions listed and they sold with mediocre success, keeping the bills paid for another week.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

Thank you for your positive input!  I seem to be listing more and more, but not selling... grrr!

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

Phew - I thought it was just me.

Has been a total ghost town here since the beginning of the year!! Smiley Frustrated

Normally 10 to 20 parcels per day at the post office - for month of February so far I have been to the PO 4 times. WTH

Interestingly, 3/4 of my sales have been o/s - and to countries I don't normally get customers from....Greece, Israel, Sweden.

Ver, very strange *scratches head*

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

No not just you at all. I don't sell overseas, so rather limited. I hope the Ghost leave Town real soon!! 🙂
Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

In the same boat. The week before last was my best week in 6 months, sales increased from about 10 to 15 straight up to 60. This week, not even the average 10 to 15

Not sure why, got more listings up, but not selling

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

@aunty_vera wrote:

Phew - I thought it was just me.

Has been a total ghost town here since the beginning of the year!! Smiley Frustrated

Normally 10 to 20 parcels per day at the post office - for month of February so far I have been to the PO 4 times. WTH

Interestingly, 3/4 of my sales have been o/s - and to countries I don't normally get customers from....Greece, Israel, Sweden.

Ver, very strange *scratches head*

I have found the same thing. overseas sales have held up very well. January was soft but put in extra time and effort and still ended up with slightly above average sales ( for a lot of extra work ) First ten days of Feb. same ghost town as others. I have spoken to a couple of B & M operators who report the same thing so not just on ebay. Had a few very good sales in the last couple of hours since last post so things seem to be coming back. ( last few days have been reasonable. ) 

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

Sales Decreased Recently

Yes I am the same, I have more items listed then I have for a long time.
Message 10 of 16
Latest reply