Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

tstore
Community Member
Interesting to have heard from other sellers that there have been next to no sales from 28th-1st March. Over last two days just 2 items have sold which is unheard off for us

In addition, we have had more than usual international sales to Europe. I think there is an issue with the eBay servers or have something to do with the Seller Dashboard being upgraded.

Basically eBay taps have been turned off. Interested in other seller's experiences over this weekend?
Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Average over the weekend. A bit slow the last few weeks, except for a couple of 2-day bursts.

Message 2 of 77
Latest reply

It has been reasonably stable for me over the last week or so including this weekend.

Message 3 of 77
Latest reply

Slow-ish during the week, weekend sales slightly above average. 

I've read a few articles over time re: eBay's blackouts, server rotation (including which search engines you can be found on etc), but I can't vouch for the validity of all the claims / theories, just that it makes for some interesting reading.

There is one seller I buy from on and off that I currently have to log into US eBay in order to view their items. If I visit their store via eBay AU, they have one visible listing. If I log into eBay.com they have over 2000 (and all listings are available to Oz in terms of shipping, so I have no idea why they're invisible on eBay AU).

Message 4 of 77
Latest reply

Having the same problem here digi - there's a seller who I buy from fairly regularly who sells 'Worldwide' but their listings have become invisible on ebay.com.au and I have to log in to ebay.com if I want to view their items. I first noticed this a few weeks ago when they suddenly had no items at all in their store (on eBay AU) and I thought I'd try having a look on eBay USA.

Hate to imagine how many other overseas sellers this is happening to - they must be experiencing quite a downturn in sales.

Message 5 of 77
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Since the US seller items are not showing on AU eBay, I am now paranoid that Aussie seller items on AU are not showing ... this would make sense why a few of us (PS board) complaining of the same thing
Message 6 of 77
Latest reply

This past week has been slow for both our stores.

Down by about 40% I'd say.

But we don't sell internationally tho.

Message 7 of 77
Latest reply

My sales have been reduced by like more than half since 28th till now. Anyone know whats going on? Is this temporary or is this the norm? Or will it soon get to a point where it just keeps decreasing?

Message 8 of 77
Latest reply

I think I have had the worst week I have ever had in my store.

Also 95% of the sales that did happen where for the smallest, cheapest items I have available.

Getting concerned I will not have the funds to pay fees when they come due as I had just ordered a whole lot of new stock.

Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 77
Latest reply

Although we had a quiet week last week on eBay and in the B&M store our weekend has been normal overall. Retail in general was quiet last week. We don't sell OS to compare.

Message 10 of 77
Latest reply