Sales Down in Australia - Increased International Sales? Server issues?

tstore
Community Member
Interesting to have heard from other sellers that there have been next to no sales from 28th-1st March. Over last two days just 2 items have sold which is unheard off for us

In addition, we have had more than usual international sales to Europe. I think there is an issue with the eBay servers or have something to do with the Seller Dashboard being upgraded.

Basically eBay taps have been turned off. Interested in other seller's experiences over this weekend?
Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

So.... if we sellers here are all saying we are down on sales (and we are down too), where are the sales actually going?

I am assuming that the number of buyers on the site has not changed.

Have they stopped buying?

Are the sales going to China now that their listings are always on top because of the filter failure?

Any theories anyone?

C'mon eBay. This is eBay AUSTRALIA. Give our locally-based Aussie sellers some advantage over these Chinese sellers.

The money is all leaving Australia. How does that help our national economy and growth?

The default filter really ought to be Australian-based-Only.

Message 21 of 77
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member
Buyers are clearly ranking items based on price (thinking all items once you click Australia Only are in Australia) and obviously OS sellers have cheaper prices and are buying through those sellers thinking the item location is Australia? Just a hunch ...
Message 22 of 77
Latest reply

I just did a search as a buyer, took one look at the number of listings and gave up. I suspect many other buyers would do the same. I think I might spend another week working outside and come back to ebay once it is all sorted out. ( only problem is, the money is running out )

Message 23 of 77
Latest reply

yes and it's still not fixed...bumping thread...jilly

Message 24 of 77
Latest reply

Our sales have virtually stopped as well !

Not happy ebay

Message 25 of 77
Latest reply

just keep whining to ebay...sales are dead ...and me too i need some money for fuel....traffice reports graphs have plummeted...jilly

Message 26 of 77
Latest reply

We have 5 items on our Awaiting Shipment list when by this time of morning we would usually have 15-20.

That's across our 2 stores.

I have just done a test search in our category with Australia Only filter ON and there were no Aussie sellers listed inside the top 100 results. 99% Chinese with a scattering of a few from UK.

I never found one of our items at all. 

I have sent off an email complaint about this to ebay, for all the good it will do.

Took them a month to sort out a similar problem back in September, so I expect our sales are gonna be slow this whole month.

Message 27 of 77
Latest reply

Been a dud week here too. This is very likely the cause.  I also just checked ebay.com and it has the same issue when you try to do a US only search. Smiley Frustrated

Message 28 of 77
Latest reply

Deyyy jook my JERRRBSS!!

And Dey jook my Keyword Searrrch Engines!

Message 29 of 77
Latest reply

IMO whenever ebay make changes to their system sales drop, I am a fairly high volume seller and it is noticable.

After looking at my blocked buyer activity (I only sell with Aus) there has been an increase in international customers wanting to buy.  No doubt the best match system is totally f'ed, sellers get "free" listings anyway so it doesn't matter much.

Message 30 of 77
Latest reply