Seller blocks you after you have been bidding in an item

Hi,does it seem odd or is it just me that a seller has blocked you from biddiing on an item after you have already been placing bids?I have already purchased from this seller(an the item is supposedly in the mail on its way).The seller has also blocked me from messaging them,this seller has only recently joined ebay and the purchase i made was there first,as they have know feedback.(and as i havent received item yet,which is due this week)i havent left any feedback at all.Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Seller blocks you after you have been bidding in an item

Good morning,my answer to your question is -no it does'nt.

However,you should be able to contact them thru your current transaction or pull their contact details so that you are able to call the seller.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Keep an eye on the time for the arrival of the item already purchased to enable you to open an INR dispute coz this behaviour sounds a lot suss to me.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Were you able to place any bids on an item after the first purchase?

If the seller is brand new, they may have gone through the seller account settings and implemented a few auto-blocks, maybe (or maybe not) understanding exactly what they will do. One of those auto-blocks will prevent members from bidding on or purchasing more than a set number of items in a certain period. The general purpose of this block is to try and stop malicious bidding / buying, or possibly fraudulent behaviour (if, for example, someone was selling very expensive items that people typically only buy one of, eg a big screen TV, they might want to stop people from buying a bunch at once and exposing themselves to a higher chance of fraud involving heaps of cash), but in light of all the upcoming changes on eBay / PayPal, I wouldn't be surprised if there's quite a number of sellers with increasing paranoia about all kinds of issues and will just take every measure available no matter what. 

Anyway, the point is, they may have not decided to block you personally, just implemented a global block when they set up their seller account. There is also an auto-setting to prevent blocked bidders from sending messages, but you should still be able to contact them through your current purchase.

If, on the other hand, you were able to bid on an additional item and then found you weren't able to bid on it any further, that would tend to indicate a conscious choice on behalf of the seller. Why is anyone's guess, really, but for the time being it would just be a matter of waiting to see if you get the orignal item, and all is as described etc. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Hi,the item arrived and turned out to be "fake",so i opened up a paypal case and got a refund.The seller said they were sorry and werent aware,but didnt even ask to have the item returned to them which seems odd to me.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

I hope you have appropriate feedback about the seller selling you a fake? Factual feedback of course.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Hi,yes i was bidding on a second item listed from the seller,then i went to rebid and found that i had been blocked.Then went to message them to ask why and found i was blocked from messaging them as well.When the original item arrived it tirned out to be "fake" so im assuming that the second listing that was identicle to the first would/will also turn out to be fake.I opened up a paypal case and got a refund and a appology,but the seller didnt even want the item returned.To me this is also odd unless they already knew that it was fake otherwise for all they know i could have been trying to take then for a ride!

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Yes,i did leave the seller "factual" negative feedback as i had the item independantly tested by a qualified person in this particular area.The seller didnt leave any follow up feedback towards the negative feedback i left.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It also looks like the seller has more than one of those items.

Listed and sold another on 2/10

# 171479639351

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Good on you.

He has the lowest feedback rating I have ever seen on ebay! 50%

I can't see he has any for sale.. One other sold and one must have been ended by ebay..

don't suppose ebay will inform other buyer that they were had?

reminds me of this guy who pretends to be a priest from Vatican City, he sells relics on ebay, thousands of dollars worth, all fakes or stolen, as the vatican does not sell relics! He has great feedback, thousands of poor suckers.. Only one had the guts to leave neutral and got a strange comment for his efforts from a supposed "priest'

for example..

and by the way, ebay have been notified by many people about this fraudster, and he is still here after years and years.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply