Seller copying my listing

I recently sold an item to a buyer in the USA.  He paid instantly and I posted the item only three days ago.  He would not have it at the moment, because it would take about 10-20 days to reach him, but he has copied my listing verbatim, including my photos, for the exact same item and listed it for sale at a higher price than what he paid me.  How can I get this listing removed?  

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I just entered " someone copied my listing" into the help and contact section top left of my summary page. By following the links it took me to the page in ebay policies which details this problem. First, yes it does breach ebays policies to copy another sellers description and photos.

The page said to first contact the offending seller to try to resolve the problem and if that does not work, report the listing violation under ebays VeRO report procedure. Personally I would be contacting customer service by phone as I find the report links never have much effect.

It does not breach ebays policies for some-one to buy something on ebay and relist it at a higher price, but the seller should at least have the item in their possesion before relisting it. They are asking for problems by listing something they dont actually have yet. Many ebayers buy things on ebay which they later relist at higher prices, but they usually dont make it as blatent as your buyer has.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

PS. It does not breach ebays policies to list something you dont actually own or have in your possesion. Drop shippers run ebay stores full of items they dont actually own, with ebay orders being filled by seperate suppliers who mail direct to the ebay drop shippers  customer.

Your buyer is not breaching ebay policy by relisting the item for sale without actually having it in his possesion, but he is running a risk of getting caught out if the item is held up in customs or lost in transit. It is a recipe for negative feedback. The policy breach is his use of your photos and item description, without your consent.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Keep a copy of the listing before ebay removes it.   If the buyer tries to say the item was not received you can point out that he listed it for sale so must have received it.....even if you know he could not have it yet it is another nail in his coffin so to speak and very  telling what sort of person he is.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply