Seller's Aussie Day Whinge

Happy OZ day. 

I've decided that most of my buyers must have been on the turps today because due to messages I've received, this is the quote of the day in our house:

Stupid.png

Eg I want to return my item because I've changed my mind, but I want you, the seller to pay the return postage, plus refund my original postage. 

I received my item a week ago, left postive feedback but now message you to tell you it's cheap **bleep** and overpriced

I'm going to message you from the other side of the planet with a 'where's my parcel'. when it was purchased two days ago. As in Friday. 

I bought this item and paid for it but now only want it if I can pick it up today. 

More problems than sales this weekend!

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Seller's Aussie Day Whinge

This one was a first...

Purchase and payment for an item at 4:49. Request to cancel at 5:01.

>_>

(not on eBay, so no defects possible, at least). 

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

I have a good'en lol............I live on the Gold Coast too, can I come around and try some of your shoes on? ( that one was a little creepy) lol

Oh and the Brisbane buyer who expected me to drive up to her with a handbag so she could have a look!

DOHHHHHH !!Smiley Frustrated

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

I've had a couple of friends ask me why I prefer selling at the markets now & not on eBay after giving up selling here a while ago. I just tell them I'm making just as much money at the markets without any frustration.
Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

This one was a first...

Purchase and payment for an item at 4:49. Request to cancel at 5:01.

>_>

Re-purchased (and paid for) at 10:07. Smiley LOL

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

Well DG, at least your item showed up in the listings. I'm advertising a camera at the moment so I did a search, but couldn't find it. Next, I went directly to Cameras > Digital Cameras and looked for the only Fuji that was being auctioned, and yet again, my listing was nowhere to be seen!

Waited a few hours before sending off a scathing email to eBay asking them why that should be the case, but checked first for my listing, and lo and behold, it was back exactly where it should have been. I've now done random searches on half a dozen occasions and at different times of the day and night, and 50% of the time, my listing is nowhere to be seen.

I have no idea what eBay think they're playing at but one thing is bloody obvious, and that is that they're playing silly buggers with listings viewability and I suggest that other sellers start checking to see if their own listings are on display 24 hours per day, because my bet is that they won't be.

Are we back to rolling blackouts again, or perhaps it's something even more sinister this time. Whatever eBay are doing, they need to stop quick smart because I'm keeping logs as to when my listing appear and when they don't, and if I find any obvious funny business going on, I'll be officially complaining to the ACCC and Fair Trading for a start). They need to be put on notice that we're not going to tolerate this level of interference in our sales any longer.
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:
Well DG, at least your item showed up in the listings. I'm advertising a camera at the moment so I did a search, but couldn't find it. Next, I went directly to Cameras > Digital Cameras and looked for the only Fuji that was being auctioned, and yet again, my listing was nowhere to be seen!

Waited a few hours before sending off a scathing email to eBay asking them why that should be the case, but checked first for my listing, and lo and behold, it was back exactly where it should have been. I've now done random searches on half a dozen occasions and at different times of the day and night, and 50% of the time, my listing is nowhere to be seen.

I have no idea what eBay think they're playing at but one thing is bloody obvious, and that is that they're playing silly buggers with listings viewability and I suggest that other sellers start checking to see if their own listings are on display 24 hours per day, because my bet is that they won't be.

Are we back to rolling blackouts again, or perhaps it's something even more sinister this time. Whatever eBay are doing, they need to stop quick smart because I'm keeping logs as to when my listing appear and when they don't, and if I find any obvious funny business going on, I'll be officially complaining to the ACCC and Fair Trading for a start). They need to be put on notice that we're not going to tolerate this level of interference in our sales any longer.
I don't believe we are ever off rolling-blackouts.  I believe they are a permanent part of the ebay system now.  

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@quicksales_com_au wrote:

Avoid ebay.

Buy and sell on

www.quicksales.com.au

Advertise your items for FREE.  No seller fees.

Tell everyone !! 

You'd be a lot better off gearing your advertising towards buyers. So would the site.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@cq_tech wrote:

If you're on Facebook, head on over to the People vs PayPal page and see some of the links that have been posted regarding this very thing. It seems they DO hide listings.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

I had an interesting buyer.  They wanted to buy an item after the listing ended and said that if I relist it and give them a good deal they will tell me how I can sell a lot more of this particular item, but only if I do a good deal for them.

I've tried Quicksales several times over the years and have had very tiny success compared to eBay.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply