Sellers unable to leave negative feedback for buyers.

miss-alissa
Community Member

I find it extremely frustrating that as a seller, I can not leave an inconsiderate buyer the negative feedback they deserve. In the last 3 weeks, I have had two buyers who have won items with me, made arrangements for pick up Then not showed at the arranged time. They havent contacted me to cancel or reschedule or to say they've just changed there minds. I feel that this definitely warrant negative feedback. I would want to know from other sellers if a buyer has history of this kind of thing. This is very frustrating yet I cant give them anything yet they can leave me negative feedback in spite of my negative comments? Not fair Ebay! Time to change the rules!!

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Sellers unable to leave negative feedback for buyers.

This is has been the case for years now. File non payment, receive refund, relist,block move on.

Message 21 of 32
Latest reply

I know who you were back then.Smiley Tongue

Message 22 of 32
Latest reply

Hi , there are folk who buy and sell on ebay  .....we all know that , but some are using the system to there advantage ......i had a guy buy a rare tube from me  ....the tube was used and the tests i performed on it indicated this and i also pubplished the findings with the tube for sale  ......I live in Australia and the buyer lives in the USA .....so this guy puts it on a vintage tube tester and complains that i sold him a bad tube ......the tube is not bad just used and works perfectly ....good for hifi but not for guitar amps

the guy who bought this is  a tube seller and was trying to ofload it for a profit ......my testing eqipment is way more advanced than his stuff and i know the tube in question is good because it was actually in one of my own guitar amplifiers untill I changed it

So he wants a full refund without sending the tube back to me because of international freight costs etc ......in my opinion he wants a refund and he wants to sell it as well  , the tube in question is a yellow label English Mullard 12ax7 ...these go for $100 +++ i sold it for  US $33 which included international postage .....

this guy has  negative feedback against him from buyers who claim his goods are **bleep** etc .....he is threatening me bad feedback unless i comply and refund him ......so i offered him a full refund on the basis he returns the item at his cost ......

This is the third guy to do this to me...and on every instance i was not able to post anything negative ....i have sold over 500 items and have a 100% feedback rating .....it would be handy to know in advance if we have a problem buyer ......negative feedback would be a way of seeing this in advance and posibly canceling the sale ....

At least if i have a heads up i can respond ......Not fair EBAY !!!!

Message 23 of 32
Latest reply

Don't sell tubes to OS buyers?

I wouldn't trust any postal system with something that fragile.

Sellers haven't been able to leave anything but positive feedback for at least TEN years. It is unlikely eBay will ever change their policy on this. Buyer feedback is really only a useful tool for auctions. If they BIN, you don't have the chance to check feedback prior to the sale. If you then cancel, you will be leaving yourself open to significant sanctions from eBay (and possibly Paypal). And you will probably still get a neg.

Message 24 of 32
Latest reply

@rifraf50 wrote:

......negative feedback would be a way of seeing this in advance and posibly canceling the sale ....

cancelling a sale does not stop a โ€˜buyerโ€™ from leaving a seller negative feedback though.  The only way to stop a member from leaving you feedback is winning an UnPaid Item case.

Message 25 of 32
Latest reply

I couldnt disagree with you more.

Future sellers see a 100% positive feedback note & think the buyer is great. It's not until or unless they research the buyer completely that they realise this buyer regularly bids & buys without paying & refuses contact with the seller. so the buyer wins - AGAIN!

Sort yourself our ebay or this customer will be going else where to sell in future.

Ebay was once the only place to sell items - They need to realise there are many options now.

Message 26 of 32
Latest reply

@morgarock wrote:

I couldnt disagree with you more.

Future sellers see a 100% positive feedback note & think the buyer is great. It's not until or unless they research the buyer completely that they realise this buyer regularly bids & buys without paying & refuses contact with the seller. so the buyer wins - AGAIN!

Sort yourself our ebay or this customer will be going else where to sell in future.

Ebay was once the only place to sell items - They need to realise there are many options now.

5 YEARS AGO extra-keen wrote this :-

"Yes it is extremely frustrating when buyers don't respond, pay etc, but leaving negative feedback (in my view) isn't the answer.

Never leave a negative comment with a positive feedback green dot. A much more effective method is to use ebay's dispute centre to lodge a non payment. If the buyer doesn't respond, you can in four days re-coup your fees and the buyer will receive a non payer strike. A few of these then they can't buy or have restrictions placed upon their buying power on ebay.

This way, all sellers can be (to some degree) protected from repeat offenders."

I don't see anything wrong with any of that statement/advice, it's no different to what most experienced members here would advise.

Indeed most sellers (and buyers) are fully aware that buyers can only have 100% feedback.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 27 of 32
Latest reply

It's not a new thing. I've been a member for 10 years and I've never been able to leave anything but positives for buyers.

And you've only just discovered it? 340 fb in 10 years - I doubt eBay will change it to keep you, even if you are a prolific user.

Message 28 of 32
Latest reply

Totally agree, but I was also add "God loves a dreamer"

Message 29 of 32
Latest reply

I just had to deal with a difficult buyer I did everything he wanted still wasn't happy lie to eBay and I want to warn others but can't
Message 30 of 32
Latest reply