Selling food product

Hi l was thinking about Buying Tumeric powder in bulk and adding black pepper to it which improves its health benefits  and then selling it in smaller parcels . For example buying a 5kg bag of tumeric powder on ebay and adding black pepper and then re- selling it on ebay in small parcels .  l was wondering as its a food product are there any special rules , restrictions or procedures l would need to follow first before selling it? thanks

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Selling food product

@eol-products wrote:

Ingredients: tumeric powder (75%),  black pepper (25%)

Not too hard really and spices are mixed dry so a full kitchen not needed. Just a few benches, scales and a wash sink.

I have some spare space, may be a good business idea except for the smell irritating my sinus 

You obviously havent read the food packaging standards,  if they get sued and it is found they are doing it on your kitchen bench the insurance company will have a 100 valid reasons not to cough up the money.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

thanks for your answers, l have decided not to do it, just seems to much trouble, needing insurance and everything else

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

I dont manufacture food so have no need to read them. Plus I wouldn't let them use my kitchen bench for obvious reasons.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

If you think there is a market you can approach companies that will make it for you.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

@eol-products wrote:

I dont manufacture food so have no need to read them. Plus I wouldn't let them use my kitchen bench for obvious reasons.

Maybe not a good idea to comment if you havent read the standards.   It could send people down a rabbit hole they shouldn't go down.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply