Sendle not asking for signature even when selected, resulting issues with item not received.

We use Ebay to print all labels. When we select Sendle, signature on delivery is automatically selected. When selecting Aust Post, we have to tick a box to add signature, which costs $2.95, which we always do. I just received a payment dispute for item not received. A quick check through message history shows the buyer definitely did receive it as he sent us 9 messages over 5 days saying he just started the PC for the first time, asking various things about configuration it etc, proving he received it. However, on the tracking it show delivered 'left in a safe place', even though it should not have been left. Ebay are of course asking for proof of signature which does not exist.

Is Ebay likely to side with the buyer because of no signature, even though the messages prove he received it? To me this seems absolutely absurd if so.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Sendle not asking for signature even when selected, resulting issues with item not received.

I will not buy from sellers using Sendle, due to many problems with them in the past.

If you want to save a few dollars in postage and use them, I guess that's your choice.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

...just direct eBay to check your messages (and any feedback they might have left)

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Yes I've done that. I've been told that the team that handles this type of thing will be in touch in the next 48 hours. One thing I fear is that Ebay typically goes 'by the book', and even though it is completely obvious the buyer has received it.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

You have the proof - don't let them ' fob ' you off.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Have you asked sendle for proof of signature.  While not specific to sendle, since covid, I continue to have items  dropped in safe place, photographed in situ and signed for by the delivery contractor.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I haven't spoken to Sendle directly as the issue is that the courier (Couriers Please) have not obtained a signature which is what Ebay will ask for due to the high value of the item. Here's what I think has happened:

Over the course of the first month, the buyer realised that what he purchased wasn't up to the tasks he wanted to do (very high level gaming) - > He bought one of our cheapest PC's. Having gone past the item return period, he has decided to file a payment dispute, probably aware of the signature requirement for high value items.

However, surely Ebay cannot possibly side with the buyer given all the messages where he very clearly states he has the item.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

However, surely Ebay cannot possibly side with the buyer given all the messages where he very clearly states he has the item.

I would hope NOT

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Payment dispute, do you mean the buyer has lodged a charge back, with their bank.   As I gather they were out of time for a MBG claim.   If so ebay will be merely forwarding your response to the buyers bank, who will be responsible for deciding the claim.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Have you asked sendle for proof of signature.  While not specific to sendle, since covid, I continue to have items  dropped in safe place, photographed in situ and signed for by the delivery contractor.

This!

I have found exactly the same lately.

I've had quite a few parcels come that clearly show they are to be delivered with signature yet they haven't been.

I presume the carrier would have to have photographic proof of delivery though or they have not met their obligations.

Shoaltech, I'd be getting sendle to provide that proof. Get onto them and outline the problem, that you have a buyer claiming non delivery of a very expensive item and you want answers as it was supposed to be signature on delivery.

Gutterpunkz has explained that your response will be sent to the buyer's bank to decide the claim. You only get one shot at it so I'd be trying to get a document from sendle as well as attaching the messages from the buyer. Good luck.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply