Selling outside ebay message warning

Hi All, just curious toknow if anyone has received a message from ebay warning about messages sent to sellers about buying outside ebay? I just received one and can not for the life of me find the supposed message I sent to the potential buyer. I dont even thing I had any messages regarding the item I am being warned about...any thoughts? Cheers

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Re: Selling outside ebay message warning

Stupidity rules yet again....................... COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

As another member who recently had a listing ban placed for a buyer sending me his phone number, I do understand the frustration/annoyance that eBay has caused sellers.  It was eBay and eBay alone that thought there may be an off site sale.  Neither I or the buyer were going down that track.  Just wanting to do an inspection first - prior to buying.

And I must admit I didn't think at the time to do an 'Advanced Search' - could have saved me a lot of hassle.

But I will remember to try to go down that track next time I have a pick up item listed.

Message 41 of 88
Latest reply

Oh!  I thought if you had the member id,and an item number, you could get those details.  What a bummer!!

Message 42 of 88
Latest reply

Yep kazam, Stawks is correct on this one, I didn't realise that was the situation. Not sure how you'd go if you'd put just a bid on the item though.......................Well done Stawks you fount of knowledge you hahahaha

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 43 of 88
Latest reply

Image result for smiley curtsy animatedThank you, thank you.  I'm here all week.  Try the chicken.

You have to actually hit the buy button before you can get details.
Message 44 of 88
Latest reply

No, thank you Stawks......................I think.

https://chickenonaraft.com/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 45 of 88
Latest reply

Message 46 of 88
Latest reply

I just wanted to write here to share/express my absolute disgust at how eBay are conducting themselves as of late.

I've literally had a warning message sent to me (I was asking for location details to provide an accurate shipping quote, and specifically stated they would have to purchase the item through eBay in the same message), and then had a 'second warning' (which resulted in a 7 day suspension) for a message that was sent weeks BEFORE the original message I was warned by.

Effectively this means if you have sent two messages that 'breach' eBay's clearly overzealous communication policies I.E actually providing good service, they can slap a week long trading restriction automatically without seemingly any human judgement or input. I had to call them up to have our account re-instated, and I am absolutely over having to tip-toe around sending messages to customers.

My main seller account has just over 1,600 with 100% positive feedback currently, and have been trading with eBay for over 16 years, and they have the nerve to let a robot place temporary and/or permanent account suspensions on an account like me? I'm amazed by this conduct and not surprised to see how others are reacting also. I cannot express unhappy I am with the service and culture eBay is building and will be more than happy to jump ship to the other online giant on it's way from the US at this rate.

Message 47 of 88
Latest reply

Hobbies, you should be able to ask for just postcode for shipping quotes without triggering the bots' flags.

Came up with an idea recently.

For sellers with lots of pick up/inspect items, might be an idea to set up a listing for a paperclip/contact details for 0.01 cent.

Sellers replies with -  eBay don't allow contact details so buy the paperclip for contact details.

image host
Message 48 of 88
Latest reply

Smiley Wink great idea kopes, but how ridiculous that we should need to resort to such measures - one really has to wonder just what sort of a site this has become - forcing members to act like a bunch of kindergarten children !! Hardly professional looking Smiley Sad

Message 49 of 88
Latest reply

Has anyone tried putting their phone number in the listing , under the "item description' section?  I  recall seeing listings for cars that had phone numbers in there, but that was some time ago. Or how about in the background of the photos of the item? How could ebay squirm out of that one? 

Message 50 of 88
Latest reply