Selling outside ebay message warning

Hi All, just curious toknow if anyone has received a message from ebay warning about messages sent to sellers about buying outside ebay? I just received one and can not for the life of me find the supposed message I sent to the potential buyer. I dont even thing I had any messages regarding the item I am being warned about...any thoughts? Cheers

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Bea, Smiley LOL

Seems that way tippy.

I even answered with "Wait for an invoice for bank details to complete checkout".

AND, I revised the listing to have DD.

image host
Message 11 of 88
Latest reply

Yes - they lifted it 'as a courtesy' as long as I 'promise never to contact potential buyers again' with my contact details.

I was almost shouting at them at this stage.  I am wondering how many sellers would just cop it and go through with the restricted period?

I've been selling for 12 years on this site and hate being treated like a second rate seller.

Message 12 of 88
Latest reply

OK, received a reply from eBay on my unjust warning. Smiley Happy

Hi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting eBay about the notice we sent on your account. We would like to apologize for the incorrect notice that was put to your account.

I've verified that there is not enough basis for you to be sent the notice. With that, I refuted the action and I have made things right with your account. Be assured that there's no action taken against your account. Don't worry, our Technical Support Team is already aware with the error on the system in which the accounts that are not violating the policy was also affected and notice were sent incorrectly.

We promise to resolve this issue soon to other members as well.

Sincerely xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I thanked them for their quick action.

Lets hope they apply it across all accounts affected.

image host
Message 13 of 88
Latest reply

LOL Kopes, just realised I have been posting on this id ever since I logged in to swap to UK, thought I might try selling a few things here if I can get up any entusiasm.

Message 14 of 88
Latest reply

I dont know how you are able to add contact details in a message anyway....

A couple of days ago, I contacted a previous seller from a couple of years ago, via *contact member* through one of his current listings.
I checked the box *this is not about an item* and proceeded my messgae.

I added HIS OWN email as i wanted confirmation on it (its a paypal thing) but ebay wouldnt let me send the message stating that email addresses and phone numbers are not permitted in the message content (or something to that effect)

Honestly, it took me almost bleeding an hour to actually send this seller a message! 

Man Frustrated

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 15 of 88
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

OK, received a reply from eBay on my unjust warning. Smiley Happy

Hi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting eBay about the notice we sent on your account. We would like to apologize for the incorrect notice that was put to your account.

I've verified that there is not enough basis for you to be sent the notice. With that, I refuted the action and I have made things right with your account. Be assured that there's no action taken against your account. Don't worry, our Technical Support Team is already aware with the error on the system in which the accounts that are not violating the policy was also affected and notice were sent incorrectly.

We promise to resolve this issue soon to other members as well.

Sincerely xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I thanked them for their quick action.

Lets hope they apply it across all accounts affected.

They really shouldn't use words they don't understand -

refute
rษชหˆfjuหt/
verb
past tense: refuted; past participle: refuted
  1. prove (a statement or theory) to be wrong or false; disprove.
    "these claims have not been convincingly refuted"
    synonyms:disprove, prove wrong/false, show/prove to be wrong/false, rebut, confute, give the lie to, demolish, explode, debunk, drive a coach and horses through, discredit, invalidate; More

• prove that (someone) is wrong.
      "his voice challenging his audience to rise and refute him"
    • deny or contradict (a statement or accusation).
      "a spokesman totally refuted the allegation of bias"
Message 16 of 88
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

I dont know how you are able to add contact details in a message anyway....

Honestly, it took me almost bleeding an hour to actually send this seller a message! 

Man Frustrated

So grateful to everyone who has posted on this thread as I had a heads up.  Have had all sorts of dramas trying to finalise a custom order over the past week or so, because eBay have blocked messages.  Somehow my buyer managed to get her email address through to me in a message Smiley LOL, so fortunately I didn't lose the sale for 90 charms made into wine glass themed charms for a wedding !  Throughout my messages I had stated when we had everything finalised I would do a Custom Listing, but apparently that wasn't god enough, they wouldn't even allow messages with photos of some suggestions I was trying to make.  And they blocked the messages with broken down prices Smiley Mad

I wasted hours janebabe, so I do sympathise with you and I was in a mind to proceed privately, but I won't and even went so far as to add a note to one of my messages - stating we were NOT attempting to trade off eBay !!  Maybe that's why I didn't get suspended, they just blocked messages - grrrrrrrrr

Message 17 of 88
Latest reply

I think a little of eBay's paranoia is rubbing off on me, as I've had a number of newbie (or old, but very low FB) accounts contact me to ask about pick up recently. It's not something I can accomodate, so I always say no, but with all this going on I found myself wondering if they were faux enquiries, baiting me in order to catch me out. Smiley Surprised (Before anyone advises I add a little more foil to my hat, I have heard accounts of eBay doing things like this before. I know, it's third party anecdotal "evidence", possibly urban legend, but all I can really say is that I believed the source at the time, and wouldn't put it past eBay to do such things)                                 

i'll wear it with pride

Seriously though, even with the stuff they're doing now, it's so backwards and will ultimately have the opposite affect of what they are trying to acheive. Members need to communicate effectively with one another, about a whole range of issues, having that thwarted just because eBay wants to control the flow of information between members is counter-productive and I can't see it increasing or even maintating the rate of on-eBay sales. Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 88
Latest reply

Interesting, you might be right if eBay has done a push on this problem recently.

image host
Message 19 of 88
Latest reply

Perfectly stated.

I was amused to receive a Feedback Survey today based on my recent experiences with customer service.  I have never given anyone '0' on a survey but unfortunately today I did - the question was "How likely is it that you will recommend Ebay to your friends'.

They need to stop obstructing us from normal seller-buyer interaction or everyone will miss out. 

Message 20 of 88
Latest reply