Selling outside ebay message warning

Hi All, just curious toknow if anyone has received a message from ebay warning about messages sent to sellers about buying outside ebay? I just received one and can not for the life of me find the supposed message I sent to the potential buyer. I dont even thing I had any messages regarding the item I am being warned about...any thoughts? Cheers

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

Actually, over the past two weeks I have reported that listing 3 times?

Message 81 of 88
Latest reply

That seller has at least a dozen listings with the email addy in the pic.

Message 82 of 88
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Actually, over the past two weeks I have reported that listing 3 times?

As said they may keep setting up new listings. Not good form of course, especially if they have been warned.

But if you are going to keep reporting you probably need to use another account as eBay can easily see it's your competitor.

image host
Message 83 of 88
Latest reply

Accept what you say, but if I am forced to play by their rules (which I do) then why should a competitor be given a free kick by EBay.

For heavens sake, the Ebay rules are already tilted against sellers so the least they could do is to enforce their own rules for the benefit of sellers who do the right thing.

Message 84 of 88
Latest reply

Hmmmmm..... after a couple of weeks bringing the subject listing(s) nothing happened to remove the offending listings(s).

Once I posted the issue on the here the listing(s) have been removed.

OK guys - fess up - who is the spy??   Regardless thanks vm.

Message 85 of 88
Latest reply

@porcelain_dolls_by_me wrote:

Hmmmmm..... after a couple of weeks bringing the subject listing(s) nothing happened to remove the offending listings(s).

Once I posted the issue on the here the listing(s) have been removed.

OK guys - fess up - who is the spy??   Regardless thanks vm.

no spies, those listings were likely reported by many who saw your post.  It has been a long standing recommendation by the likes of kopes and taz (and others) for as many members as possible to report offending listings.  The sheer weight of the number of reports on a listing must work in getting action from eBay.

Message 86 of 88
Latest reply

You can put your phone number on listings and also in messages to send to buyers but you have to be discreet use bold letters like ZERO or TWO as you spell out your phone number apperently Ebay manages to detect digits but not letters. Use it this way to contact your buyers and Ebay will not know whether you have sent them a contact detail or not explain to the buyer why it has to be done that way. If they can read they will have your phone number its a bit tedious but it works and you won't get anymore warning messages.
Message 87 of 88
Latest reply

I think eBay MEANT to write โ€œretractedโ€ not โ€œrefutedโ€. Too funny ๐Ÿ˜‚
Message 88 of 88
Latest reply