Selling outside ebay message warning

Hi All, just curious toknow if anyone has received a message from ebay warning about messages sent to sellers about buying outside ebay? I just received one and can not for the life of me find the supposed message I sent to the potential buyer. I dont even thing I had any messages regarding the item I am being warned about...any thoughts? Cheers

Message 1 of 88
Latest reply
87 REPLIES 87

I got one of these messages when I had organised to deliver something for someone that lived locally. We exchanged phone numbers. I sent ebay a message telling them this and that I wasn't happy being accused of selling outside of ebay as when the person paid me cash on pick up I marked the item as paid as they had clicked on buy it now.  Ebay wrote back and apologised for the mix up and said they read the messages properly and realise they had made a mistake.

Message 2 of 88
Latest reply

That sounds right, especially wityh a phone number details but this was for a item that just closed and I have no correspondence with anyone about it at all. I am wondering if someone sent me a message that ws picked up by Ebay and not delivered to my inbox and ebya just sent me a warning also, I dot know if that can happen.

Message 3 of 88
Latest reply

I'd ring ebay and ask.

Message 4 of 88
Latest reply

I just got a restriction on my account because I provided a phone number so a potential buyer could come and inspect item.

Any sort of communication with contact details included seems to be picked up by Ebay now - and you are straight away accused of acting against their policies.  No assumption of innocence.

Message 5 of 88
Latest reply

But you said 2 hrs ago that they lifted the restriction after you contacted them......................

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Restricting-Account-after-potential-buyer-wanted-to-inspect-...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 88
Latest reply

I just received a warning because a buyer asked if I will do bank deposit. Smiley Frustrated

So I have just sent a professional scathing reply at my disgust and expecting an apology.

We'll see what they say.

image host
Message 7 of 88
Latest reply

fish.jpgDon't hold your breath too long.

Message 8 of 88
Latest reply

Does this mean we should block messages from all members, lest we are accused of breaking the rules?

Message 9 of 88
Latest reply

It's beginning to look that way Tippy.

It will certainly make me thing twice before contacting a seller for any reason whatsoever.

Message 10 of 88
Latest reply