Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

The issue is not about having 2 ebay ID's, everybody knows this is allowed as long as the rules are followed about interaction between them, and how they are used, as you can see it can be useful for looking at problems happening in other countries and checking how your shop looks to overseas buyers, as logging in to US & UK  when you are a member in AU is not exactly the same thing, I tried to replicate the problem many times by logging into these countries to do  buying from Aussie Card Sellers and could not get it to fault. .

None of the above is relative to solving the original thread issue, which is why it was put up here in the forum in the first place, the issue is "why is this pay immediately problem occuring to only some US & UK buyers and not others"

we were hoping that by putting it out in the forum we could all put our heads together and with input by others with different ways of thinking,differing computer skills and varied logic methods, we could perhaps solve the problem ourselves or at least find out how many sellers it was affecting, as ebay australia seem to be ignoring the issue and even refuses to acknowledge that it exists.

Message 41 of 121
Latest reply

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Ahhhhh if nothing else comes of this thread..,. At least I can re-read it for good cheer and amusement. How did it ever get so far removed from the topic? Oh because someone 'not' experiencing the problem popped in for 2 bobs worth. Thankyou for that.... Now if you would kindly leave space for those that want to help that would be super.
Message 42 of 121
Latest reply

No one has offered you help or advice? - I THINK I KNOW WHY.

Message 43 of 121
Latest reply

Well I still have not had a reply from ebay about this issue since emailing them around 48 hours ago. Not meeting their response time for reply on this one. Keep on at them folks....don't give up.

@grandma...for the record

one family member has this id, another has a different one on ebay oz and the UK one is from when we lived there 10 years ago. Still have a uk address and do the occasional purchase, sometimes sell a little by auction when we visit, but other than that it is a fairly defunct ID, but useful for research all the same.. 

Message 44 of 121
Latest reply

quote: This can be viewed as abusive and threatening and can be reported to the moderators.

Please show me where in the rules it states that you can not USE CAPITALS and that it can be reported .

It is not over until the fat lady posts

Message 45 of 121
Latest reply

Hello, everyone. This thread is getting a little off-topic. Could we please bring the discussion back to "Selling to the USA and UK .  Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.". Thanks!

Message 46 of 121
Latest reply

I also reported again yesterday Toygirl to ebay AUS and no reply either I also directed them to this discussion board.   I have been able to send 3 lengthy messages to Ebay US Customer Support but only as feedback .  When I was trying to contact them via their selective menu 'is it about this or that'.  Well it wasnt about any of the links,  so I used the feedback system as a written way of explaining the problem

Message 47 of 121
Latest reply

It has taken Ebay about 5 days to respond to yet another detailed email and here is the response below.  The response has nothing to do with this discussion or what I am asking to be resolved they obviously have no clue what I am saying or choose not to understand.  the only half decent advice they offered was connecting us by phone to US ebay .

"""""

Thanks for contacting eBay with regard to managing your listings and buyer's payments.  We appreciate you reporting this to us.  We would like to recommend to try to log in to the US site www.ebay.com and send the eBay invoice from there especially for multiple items.  Sending an eBay invoice would be generated from which site you have listed the item (example: www.ebay.com or www.ebay.com.au).  Once the seller sends this, the buyer will receive the copy of the invoice to their personal email account and once they go to their Purchase History and click on "Pay Now", they will automatically see the updated info on your invoice.

We will be forwarding your request and report to our developers.  We would like to recommend that since you are selling internationally as well, to add a note to your item description that you will be sending out eBay invoices or may state that you do combine postaage to buyers for multiple items.  You may also add a note that international buyers may pay extra for import taxes or custom charges, if any. 

It would also be best to keep an open communication with your buyers so that you may be able to sort things out right away with regard to your eBay transactions.

If you may wanted to contact the US Customer Support, you may contact us and we can connect your call over to our US teammates.

We hope this help clarify the query.

Thank you and take care always.""""

Message 48 of 121
Latest reply

EXACTLY what they told me more than a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 49 of 121
Latest reply

Still no answers but it is still happening .  Anyone else having any luck getting through to ebay about it ?  Obviously it has not been fixed in the upgrade. 

latest reply

Hi Belinda,

Thanks for your response.

Our technical team informed us that we don’t have any occurring issues about this matter. We would like to investigate on this further as this is happening on the eBay.com and eBay.co.uk website only. I would really appreciate it if you can get back to us with the details below:

- Did a buyer complained to you or reported this matter?

- If yes please provide the item number and the user ID of the buyer

- Did you enable the immediate payment option on that listing?

I do apologize if this is causing a delay in resolving your issue. Hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest Regards,

Message 50 of 121
Latest reply