Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Myself and at least 6 other card sellers are getting alot of complaints by our overseas buyers in both the US and UK .  We have all complained to ebay and are getting no where.   Our customers want to purchase more than 1 item at a time usually a minimum of 5 up to 20 items and straight after purchase are directed to pay immediately.  so they have to pay for every item seperately and hence cant be bothered .  Who can blame them?  Why is this happening when ebay customer support has told me i have my settings correct?  How can it be corrected ?

Message 1 of 121
Latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

hi Toygirl I had a look at your listings via ebay.com and you are doing better than us .  It looks like because you offer a few payment methods it slightly alters the outcome as far as being able to wait for an invoice or not.  That is why I have not had that option as I only had Paypal and now "other" as a payment option which means that noone gets a chance to wait for an invoice they have to pay for every item.  I dont want to accept cheques though so I am stuck but this information is handy in piecing it all together thankyou so much.

Message 81 of 121
Latest reply

Re: Selling to the USA and UK . Buyers are having to pay for each individual sale.

Hey Bonza, just done a test shop on one of your items with my uk ID. At checkout it is either pay now with paypal or 'other' ie you have to complete checkout. I have messaged you from that ID...cheers.

Q. How do you set up the auto answering process, any help would be appreciated...cheers

Message 82 of 121
Latest reply

hi yes Toygirl the 'other' option has just been recently added in the last week.

I had listed a dozen items on ebay.com that ended and I went to ebay.com to relist them TODAY as they cant be relisted from the Aussie site. This is the message that came up after clicking on relist..........................

Attention Sellers:

Attention eBay Member:

We noticed that your listing may offer combined shipping discounts to your buyers, and we're writing to tell you about a change that may prevent your buyers from receiving shipping discounts via a combined invoice.

As announced this spring, to reduce unpaid items eligible fixed price and auction-style listings purchased with Buy It Now will remain for sale unless the buyer pays right away. That means buyers must first add items to their eBay Shopping Cart to purchase multiple items with a single payment.

To continue to offer shipping discounts to your buyers, we encourage you to set up your own shipping promotions using the combined shipping discounts tool in My eBay. Once your shipping promotions are set up, be sure to apply them when you list or revise your items. Your shipping discounts will be applied automatically and immediately once your buyers add eligible items to their shopping carts.

Message 83 of 121
Latest reply

Hey Bonza - the buyer is not seeing the cart option though??

If they can use the cart - it will be wonderful.  Unless they do not know where they should be looking.

have we gone in a circle?  Did digital ghost tell us he could not see a cart option when he checked from a US i.d.

Message 84 of 121
Latest reply

Yes he did, you are right.   I think this message was auto generated,  thinking I am in the US and perhaps not relevant to our case.    So maybe there was a stuff up that the cart option was not applied for overseas sales during the upgrade as we set up our combined shipping stuff like it suggests.

Message 85 of 121
Latest reply

So are we asking ebay the wrong questions? Should we be asking for them to correctly install the cart option for UK and US buyers? Still perplexed as to why our regulars are not having any issues using the BIN functions over a period of days without paying.
Message 86 of 121
Latest reply

It is the cart option for UK and US buyers that is the problem. Having used my UK ID to try Bonza's stuff, there is no cart option. Instead you are forced to complete checkout which either involves paying instantly with paypal or committing to pay by other means. Either way the process stuffs up the shipping discounts. Here within Aus Ebay our domestic buyers can see and use the cart option. The problem arises when UK US buyers shop with us. So to clarify we need ebay to fix it so Uk & US buyers have a crt option when they shop with us and are not forced to complete checkout with each item.....does that make sense?

Message 87 of 121
Latest reply

That's exactly what I just said. Digitalghost tested the cart at the beginning of this thread and I think we should have all been asking eBay to fix the cart instead of using the the phrases 'unable to combine invoice' etc etc. I'm going to send a message today and say FIX the cart! What I don't understand and nobody can answer is...... If the cart function is not available why can so many customers still shop without issue like normal? They are not logged into eBay Au as I have asked. Does this mean that it is a 'rolling' update that has not been changed for every US and UK seller? Why are the issues only with buyers who have not shopped with me before?
Message 88 of 121
Latest reply

P.s THREE more queries from potential new buyers overnight saying they cannot add to cart and how can I help.
Message 89 of 121
Latest reply

As usual with ebay who knows? Some buyers seem to do ok and combine while others are stuffed. I just had a buyer overnight purchase and combine 23 items with no problem. In the interim until the problem is fixed get your buyers to complete checkout but not pay and then invoice them via paypal. So they buy through ebay as normal and then you mnaually invoice them via paypal.

@ Bonza, although I offer cheque as a payment option, no one has paid me this way for over 3 years....fyi...

Message 90 of 121
Latest reply