Selling

lead028
Community Member

Hi all, this is first time I tried to sell on Ebay. I listed all the required details for the item I want to sell and I saved.  Everything was recorded by Ebay and I could retrieve the item saved as draft and also 'Finish it'.  I resumed the draft and click on 'List it' , Ebay then asked for payment option which I gave, Ebay confirmed they got the payment option but my item was not listed as sale.  I did that three times, each time I had to give payment option confirmed by Ebay but still the item is not listed.

Could anyone help me  how to complete the listing for sale...thank you.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Selling

What payment option did you choose - if Paypal then eBay no longer use paypal as a processor for sellers.

You will need to provide a bank account and follow the prompts on what doc's to be provided as well.

Contact eBay via Live Chat tommorrow if there is still a problem

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/submitting-updating-information-managed-payments?i...

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Selling

imastawka
Honored Contributor

How long ago did you list it?

It can take up to 24 hours for the listing to go 'live'

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Selling

I did provide a bank account and Ebay confirmed they receive details of my bank account.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Selling

it was done on the 15/05/2021 up to day nothing has been done by Ebay

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Selling

lead028
Community Member

My item not yet listed, I will come back on that next week.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Selling

@katistrophik wrote:

What payment option did you choose - if Paypal then eBay no longer use paypal as a processor for sellers.

You will need to provide a bank account and follow the prompts on what doc's to be provided as well.

Contact eBay via Live Chat tommorrow if there is still a problem

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/submitting-updating-information-managed-payments?i...

Sorry, but not correct Kats. I have just started another ebay selling account and suprisingly it is not " eligible " for managed payments and I need to provide a safe payment system to receive payment just the same as in the past.

The only viable method is Paypal and in chat sessions, and messages Paypal is promoted as the system of choice by ebay for new sellers. The OP has stated they are new to selling so snap !

I suspect ebay are sticking with the old system for new sellers until they get the chaos of managed payments sorted.

OP if you cant get it to work, try linking a  verified paypal account to your selling account and the listing.  Let us know if this works. Verification is carried out by paypal sending two small payments to your Paypal linked bank account which you need to re-enter when asked.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply