Sending items

sanpas_32
Community Member

I have been asked by the buyer to send a $500 Steam card with the item to me that doesn't seem right is the person legit or is it a scam.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Sending items

Scam.

100%.

Cancel the sale and block them.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Sending items

Nope, scammer

Another member had the same request from a buyer they were dealing with not all that long ago

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Sending items

sanpas_32
Community Member

I sent an message before about a buyer wanting a $500 Steam card sent with the items if she was legit you messaged back and said it was a scam was the buyer 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Sending items

No messaages, just answered your post you put on the forum

We are simply buyers and sellers like you

I do not know who the 'buyer' was that tried to scam the other member, likely throw away email addresses but you are still not allowed to give out anyone's email address on the forum

For all anyone knows it could be a genuine person's email and they have been hacked by the scammer 

In any case, this is a scam , no matter what email address they are using 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Sending items

You are going to be a magnet for scammers as you have no Ebay feedback or experience and you're listing a high priced item.

You've also marked the items as being sent as standard mail. At the very least, I hope you send as a parcel for the tracking otherwise I can guarantee many buyers will claim the item as undelivered.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Sending items

I doubt the OP will have a delivery problem with what they're selling.

I doubt there will be one genuine buyer.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sending items

Oh that listing is just too, too good  

wot.jpg

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Sending items

5k seems a bit optimistic.

Given you can buy the whole set PLUS the 4 special ones for $650. If you were stupid enough to buy any of them.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply