Sendle lost my parcel won't reimburse me ..buyer wants their money

I used Sendle to ship my ebay sale.. the buyer had paid $71 including post for this item. Sendle picked it up from my house scanned it into their system and then it disappeared. Three weeks later after my buyer complained, Sendle says the parcel is lost. What's worse is they are refusing to reimburse me the cost if the lost parcel. My ebay buyer is obviously expecting a refund. But why should I be out of pocket $71 because of Sendle's negligence. what can I do?
Message 1 of 51
Latest reply
50 REPLIES 50

Re: Sendle lost my parcel won't reimburse me ..buyer wants their money

If I need to use a coufier service, I use E-Go....I've been using them for more than 5 years with only one parcel lost and they refunded me in full for the cost of the item as well as the delivery cost.  I also have an account with Sendle and have used them a couple of times, but now that I know that this is their policy I won't use them again

Message 21 of 51
Latest reply

So is the ebay MBG all just a scam between them and PP to not pay any items not received claims?

I thought the PP seller protection worked for all transactions but is it only for buyer initiated INR claims on PP if you have proof it was sent?

Message 22 of 51
Latest reply

Both the ebay and paypal refund schemes work if they are used properly.

If the seller has the required paperwork to prove that they have sent the item then the buyer will (should) get their refund from ebay/paypal rather than the seller.

Message 23 of 51
Latest reply

I'm a buyer who is experiencing dreadful issues with SENDLE. The main problem I have with SENDLE is that they advocate leaving parcels without a signature, and without first gaining the permission from the buyer.

SENDLE state:

The benefit of delivering parcels with authority to leave is that the parcel will almost always be delivered on the first attempt.

It might be delivered, but there's NO guarantee it will be received by the buyer. And that's bad for business. SENDLE and senders do not have the authority to specify AUTHORITY TO LEAVE, only the recipient can grant this authority.

I am now distancing myself from all sellers who use SENDLE. I was very sad to terminate a 6 year relationship with a seller today because of the problems with SENDLE. I shopped around carefully to find a seller who uses Australia Post and placed my monthly order from them.

Australia Post are accountable in their practices and I'm happy to pay a bit extra to deal with people who are diligent about delivery. SENDLE will abandon my parcel without a signature and this is never OK unless the recipient has granted it.

PLEASE do not specify Authority to Leave unless your customer has granted permission. I have shopped happily online for years and never had any problems until sellers started using SENDLE.

Message 24 of 51
Latest reply

Sorry to burst your bubble but unless your parcel has signature on Delivery it will be Safe Dropped by Australia Post without your authorisation.  Even a SOD parcel can be Safe Dropped if AP considers it safe to do so.

As for not using sellers who send by Sendle.....how do you know?  Most sellers who use a courier service do not specify which courier.

In fact many sellers will use a courier without saying so in the listing.

Message 25 of 51
Latest reply

I sent a water ski, which was in excellent condition, via courier and the mongrel courier smashed it. Now their website stated free insurance so thought I was covered. Oh no, they wanted $100 before they would pay anything. Given the item was $150 it was basically pointless. My buyer was terrific about the whole thing. Said it was really well packaged, which it was, with loads of bubble wrap, so the idiot courier must have thrown something really heavy on it in order the break it like he did. My buyer said he thinks he could fix it and didn't lodge a dispute, lucky for me. I was furious with the courier company and will never use them again.

Message 26 of 51
Latest reply

What you are saying is not specific to Sendle.....most courier companies behave in exatly the same way.

It is almost impossible to get a payout or an insurance claim whether the insurance is included or paid for by the sender.

Message 27 of 51
Latest reply

Message 28 of 51
Latest reply

Same issue here. $250 of goods disappeared. I'm currently waiting on a response from Sendle... I will update here when one comes through.

In this particular case the ebayer is a nice country  gentleman (REAL country, outback, isolated). He gave me a call today and we had a chat about what has happened and the told me about the limited couriers that actually get out his way, and now that 3 weeks has passed since the mailing date, neither one of us holds much hope of it showing up. I told him I'll wait for Sendle to tell us what happened so if he could please bear with me for the 8 days they say it takes them to investigate, and if still doesn't show I'll refund him.

Here is my experience with Sendle so far. 

(1) They seem cheap, but the real discount is for some of the more distant country runs, so I've been trialling them for these services in particular

(2) Of 11 parcels I've sent in the past few months, I can now see that 6 say "local delivery", which I NOW know means they stop tracking the parcel at a certain point. Not good enough. 

(3) Even though I've put instructions for the driver that I have 15-20kg parcels, this doesn't seem to get through. Lovely courier who told me I was in his regular area was very nice about it, but another driver on a different day behaved like a total idiot and banged my parcels around. I thought to complain to Sendle, but you know how it is, life is too short.

(4) So now 1 out of 11 parcels didn't make it to its destination. Let's see what Sendle does about this.

Hate to say it, but back to Australia Post for me. Expensive, and slower than they used to be, but I don't trust Sendle now. Unless they resolve this quickly, properly, and make sure I'm not out of pocket. I'll come back with a conclusion to this story.

Message 29 of 51
Latest reply

Dont give up trying to get something back from sendle. I managed to after some persistence. They need to be more responsible and accept some liability when the whole purpose of their company is to deliver packages
Message 30 of 51
Latest reply