Serial Scammer

I had a very bad experience with a scammer, looking at his feedback he has a history of claiming "item not received" and "quantity less than ordered" to many sellers. In my case, I had both type of claims from him from different transactions and end up losing a lot of money.

It's safe to say he is a serial scammer. PM me if you want to know more. 

Save the tips on how to report him to ebay, I don't have the time and energy to waste on... I just want to help other sellers here.

Message 1 of 153
Latest reply
152 REPLIES 152

Re: Serial Scammer

Transoceania, did you have the buyer on your bbl?
From what i understand buyers are not allowed to create other id's to get around blocks, if you did have this buyer blocked and they made another account just to get around your block, i would ring ebay speak to a supervisor and explain to them that the buyer is breaching there own policys, im shure ebay can check who you have blocked but not 100%.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 31 of 153
Latest reply

Oh yes, they are all on my BBL. I keep a box registered labels and I check "feedback left for others" all the time so whenever I saw a high risk buyer I slap on a registered label. It cost $3 when you buy a box of 50. Also I take photos of everything I post.

I really don't want to bother ebay's call center staff. Had an operator strongly defended an extortionist last time I called... They must have a performance target named "negative feedback removal request blocked"...

I will check out ACORN. My evidence might not be enough unless they know how eBay works and perhaps a warning letter or email from the government will scare them off as they have a refugee background and might have visa applications in progress.

However I do believe it is eBay's responsibility to keep their market place safe for sellers of all sizes. Until then, spread the words and block block block!
Message 32 of 153
Latest reply

Trans, I thought you would have known by now that sellers are the scum of the earth and should all be taken out and shot at dawn. They are a thorn in eBay's side. Buyers on the other hand are immortal and can do no wrong. That is evident by that serial non payer that is still continuing to buy up big and not pay for anything. Not to mention your latest pest, who is allowed to continue with impunity.

Message 33 of 153
Latest reply

dont blame the messenger  these products are getting banned all over the place , the gov are cracking down on this .

Message 34 of 153
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

dont blame the messenger  these products are getting banned all over the place , the gov are cracking down on this .

Why shouldn't he blame the messenger? There are 1,000's of listings for exactly the same items as CQ had listed and you don't see them getting removed. He's been singled out so has an absolute right to be very angry with eBay.

Message 35 of 153
Latest reply

its not going to take 1 day ,you will see they are all coming out in australia , not even the trash/treasure markets are selling these now ,some states of australia they are completly banned ,ebay are just abiding by the rules .it comes under the tobacco laws now.

try and buy the liquid that goes into these products , if you remember there was a poster here trying to sell these products thru an usa ebay for australia ebay,  because they are not banned in the usa ..

Message 36 of 153
Latest reply

CQ wasn't selling the liquid. Other sellers ARE selling the liquid and some contain Nicotine which is an S8 drug. Those listings remain. Unless someone reports them, they will stay, just like all the other stuff that's not meant to be sold on eBay, like adult only products (i.e sex toys) and bongs. Most of the time even if they are reported, they don't get removed. 

You could run a search today, then run a search in 2 months and most of the same products will be there, illegal or not.

Message 37 of 153
Latest reply

Gosh Cq, hopefully you have luck selling them at that other place, you had quite a few views on them when i last looked, hopefully everyone gets more sales there....
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 38 of 153
Latest reply

Thanks bakeandfry, I've got my fingers crossed. I can't wait for them to start advertising Australia-wide later this month. And sheep's right, I was neither selling e-cigarettes nor the liquid on this site, although if you did a search on eBay right now, you'll find in excess of 1,000 local listings for same, and 1000s more from China and the USA (where they ARE illegal). Level playing field, my ar$e! ๐Ÿ˜ž

What really gets up my nose is that eBay quote FDA rules when it comes to e-cigarettes, yet they have no jurisdiction in Australia. Over here, it's the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and they have no such blanket ban on those devices, let alone spare parts for same.

I've already argued this point with ebay, but like everything else in their BS policies, they relate to US laws and not Australian laws, so even thought they are legal to sell here, eBay still refuse to allow it. Funny how they didn't mind the 100s of $$$ in fees I was generating (and which have now stopped).
Message 39 of 153
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

its not going to take 1 day ,you will see they are all coming out in australia , not even the trash/treasure markets are selling these now ,some states of australia they are completly banned ,ebay are just abiding by the rules .it comes under the tobacco laws now.

try and buy the liquid that goes into these products , if you remember there was a poster here trying to sell these products thru an usa ebay for australia ebay,  because they are not banned in the usa ..

Still can't get it right, can you Joe? They ARE banned in the USA by the FDA which is why eBay disallow the listing of them, but they are not illegal here, yet eBay are using the US laws to prevent sellers from listing them on eBay AU.

Read this quote from eBay...

Due to strict [US] government regulations, eBay doesn't allow the sale of most tobacco products. Some exceptions may be made for collectible tobacco-related products.

E-cigarettes and their components also arenโ€™t allowed. We realise these items donโ€™t contain tobacco, but due to [US] government regulations they arenโ€™t allowed to be listed on eBay.

For more information on this policy, go to: http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/tobacco.html

Some tobacco related products are not allowed even if the item does not contain any tobacco. Based on a warning from the [US] FDA, eBay decided to not allow e-cigarettes or related items on the site. eBay does not allow parts or accessories for e-cigarette systems and kits.

(The [US] was added by me for emphasis)

All of the above relates to US law (from the FDA) and has nothing to do with the TPG in Australia.  Despite what you say above, the liquid for e-cigarettes is readily available on eBay, and some of it even contains nicotine, a Schedule 8 poison under the TPG regulations. Why hasn't eBay removed those from their site? And there are 100s of them, most local.

If you're going to argue a point Joe, get your facts straight first, otherwise you come across as looking like an ignorant moron.

Message 40 of 153
Latest reply