Serial Scammer

I had a very bad experience with a scammer, looking at his feedback he has a history of claiming "item not received" and "quantity less than ordered" to many sellers. In my case, I had both type of claims from him from different transactions and end up losing a lot of money.

It's safe to say he is a serial scammer. PM me if you want to know more. 

Save the tips on how to report him to ebay, I don't have the time and energy to waste on... I just want to help other sellers here.

Message 1 of 153
Latest reply
152 REPLIES 152

Re: Serial Scammer

@mydiyau wrote:
After packing nearly 30k parcels i think i qualify to tell people the truth. This post is to warn other sellers and share information on serial i mean seriously serial scammers that would take advantage of honest sellers. If you get an eBay message that someone is nickpicking, or reporting qty missing etc, have a look at their feedback left for other page and also their location and surname. Certain area and ethinical background are very impatient. Pick the right fight. If this buyer is trigger happy and already left a sea of red feedbacks, just give them a refund and be done with it. Ebay is not going to help you.

I am not one of those people who think race or nationality should never be mentioned under any circumstance. And I do think there are times when it can come into the discussion on ebay.

For example, if I were selling, there are some countries I would not post to and I know very well that there are some sellers on here who are not in the least bit racist but who draw the line at posting to some places. It's because they are high risk, too many transactions go bad.

There are also some countries where I think it is legit to say you have to be careful what you buy. Electrical goods direct from China springs to mind. 

When it comes to selling on ebay, you can see where buyers are located and you can see their feedback given to others. Those 2 factors might lead you to cancel a sale. You don't need to know their race or nationality, location and history should be enough.

Message 151 of 153
Latest reply

You can't always pick someone's nationality by their name. I work with someone whose parents are Chinese. They came here about 3 months before she was born. She looks Chinese. Very much so. Her birth name is Sally Jenkins. I can only assume her parents chose an English sounding surname when they emigrated. I know a lot choose an English sounding first name.

Message 152 of 153
Latest reply

Yeah you are right, I gave my daughter an english middle name so when she grew up and apply for jobs she can hide her surname. There was a research done by Monash university that people with english, greek and italian surnames gets 10 times more callbacks when the resumes are identical except the surname.

Message 153 of 153
Latest reply