Serial Scammer

I had a very bad experience with a scammer, looking at his feedback he has a history of claiming "item not received" and "quantity less than ordered" to many sellers. In my case, I had both type of claims from him from different transactions and end up losing a lot of money.

It's safe to say he is a serial scammer. PM me if you want to know more. 

Save the tips on how to report him to ebay, I don't have the time and energy to waste on... I just want to help other sellers here.

Message 1 of 153
Latest reply
152 REPLIES 152

Serial Scammer

I will pm you
Message 131 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

Leaving negative feedback for them isn't going to stop them. They could have a feedback score of 10% and be allowed to continue scamming people. If you add them to your ""follow", of which you appear to currently have none, then we can see who they are. If we all report them, there is more chance that eBay will listen.

If you're not sure how to follow them, go to their feedback page and then click on their ID at the top. On the next page will be a big blue follow button under their ID. Hit that and then we can see who they are. As it is, it's pointless showing screenshots of an anonymous ID because there is nothing we can do about it.

Message 132 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

It's been a while since I caught another serial scammer, but wow this one is huge, guy left nothing but negative feedback for years...

Below are screenshots of his feedback left for others, I got my neg removed by ebay but feel sorry for all the other sellers. It seems he only pick on sellers with riser stars. 

<Removed>

hugo1.JPG

hugo2.JPG

hugo3.JPG

hugo4.JPG

Message 133 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

This is where problems arise with MBG. There's no consequence to scam buyers.  Years ago If you lodged too many disputes with PayPal they would block your account.  

Happened to me buying on another business site, deliveries were always late, I'd wait til the last minute to lodge INR dispute with PayPal.  Items all eventually turned up within the 20 days of escalating my claims (and these were over a period of 2 years), 6 items in total over that period, and I closed the disputes. Then PayPal shut down my account saying I had too many claims.  Took me 2 months to get reinstated pleading my case.

ebay needs to have something similar in place.  Surely they are smart enough to notice these scammers

Message 134 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

It does look pretty bad but I noticed in the example a couple of years back, padi said you were using some program that only showed the negatives & neutrals. This new one seems to show positives as well so I am commenting based on the premise that it is the whole of the current feedback showing.

It is pretty bad but I get a sense that that buyer is purchasing a lot of cheap stuff from China, maybe even electrical things, and that is never likely to end well.

I personally wouldn't be rapt selling to that buyer, it would be a bit of a worry as I think he probably has unrealistic expectations at times but having said that, the sellers there aren't all perfect either.

I noticed the second one down said he would not give a refund till the feedback was modified. So... I am wondering if this buyer actually opens all that many ebay claims at all, or does he just rely on complaining by private message or feedback to get a partial or full refund.

If the latter, that could explain why he hasn't been flagged by ebay.

Message 135 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

We've had dealings with a few buyers like this and we put it down to three things:

1. Mental health issue (usually OCD)
2. Personality disorder - bipolar springs to mind
3. Behavioural issue

They are what they are and nothing you can do about them. Point there history out to eBay Customer Service and you will generally have their feedback removed. Sadly as buyers, eBay will however not remove them, but will flag them.
Message 136 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

I got my neg removed because he wanted a return after 57 days of purchase and i rejected the return because the product i am selling is absolutely bullet proof and it's out of our 30 days return period. He misread the description. Guy is a PHD student and buys a lot of parts for his MX-5. He would leave positive and negative feedbacks a few years back but the most recent 2 pages are 100% negative. I guess the system is partially responsible for cultivating serial scammers. So be extra careful with these customers, always check their feedback left for others page.

Message 137 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

How would you know a person's racial or cultural background though just by their user name?

Message 138 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

Racism doesn't let itself get bogged down in 'knowing' things, springy—it comes from the heart.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 139 of 153
Latest reply

Serial Scammer

I experienced each and one of these serial scammers I caught. I know their name address etc. I am simply telling everyone the truth. 

@springyzone wrote:

How would you know a person's racial or cultural background though just by their user name?

Message 140 of 153
Latest reply