Share you irritating buyer stories here

I need to be made to feel better, by knowing everyone else is dealing with stupid buyers as well.

Just had a buyer ask me a question about the sizing of an item AFTER they purchased it. Who wants to bet it wont fit and it'll be my fault in their eyes?

In the same day I had an item which I sent out two months ago returned to me, and today I got a reply from the buyer. They said 'oh, yeah, we've moved, here's the new address'. Well, hold on, firstly, you didn't notice your item go missing for two months?? Secondly, there is a second lot of postage to be paid on this now, you think I'm just going to foot the bill because you moved and gave me your old address? Seriously?

Tell me your stupid buyer story of the week, make me feel better 🙂

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: Share you irritating buyer stories here

all of the clown buyers are on ebay, i am getting a steady increase in stupid questions from buyers and grief from buyers after they have won the item who dont even know the rules of ebay!!!

Message 51 of 58
Latest reply

I know exactly what you mean. I have had buyers buy seeds and never even plant them before complaining. weird really

Message 52 of 58
Latest reply

You have to love the buyers that ask the question. "Can I pick the item up", when the listing clearly states no pick up!
Message 53 of 58
Latest reply

Well I believe this is similar what happen to me in my Beauty & Health store and is the only one negative feedback I have.This lady bought one item from me  and she start first she did not received it after 2 weeks.... check with AP they said it was delivery then she got it on the next week after and then she got another complain that the item have been use and she want her money back which eBay and myself  refuse it, but she left my only negative feedback in my store. By the way she try to set me up for sure ,the Items I sell are all pack and new......and a lot of them are made in China like all it is! and I really try to compete  with then... on a lot of products that they have sold to me and after they market cheaper on eBay.did you know that??? what the Asian manufactures do?? I have close my store from the same reason as many, I will not have a chance with this ghost clients.. ..Pay Pal  180 days money back.. we sellers paying the return back.

Message 54 of 58
Latest reply

Not to worry I have to accept a return  on a boar bristle radial  brush for 3mm over above size  that all the bristles are never the same 3mm ! the lady was not happy and I her  the money back ! 3mm WOW

Message 55 of 58
Latest reply

@justkidzbiz wrote:
You have to love the buyers that ask the question. "Can I pick the item up", when the listing clearly states no pick up!

I thought buyers just didn't read the description, but some don't read the title either. I got a message a few weeks ago asking if one of the minerals I had listed is from Australia, Broken Hill maybe? The title of that item said "pyromorphite mineral specimen from Chinese mine". Obviously it wasn't an issue for her, as she ended up buying it, so I'm not sure why she asked!

I felt like replying with "did you look any further than the photos?". As tempting as it was, I still replied calmly and told her which Chinese mine it came from, even though that was in the description.

I love the ones that ask how much something weighs. I think 99% of my items have the weight in both carats and grams in the title! I wonder sometimes if they ask these questions where the answer is staring them in the face, to gauge what reaction they get from the seller. 

Message 56 of 58
Latest reply

Maybe she thought the mine might be in Australia, but chinese OWNED?
Message 57 of 58
Latest reply

She can measure to 3mm accuracy? I need that woman, I wonder if she is available to come measure for our curtains!!Smiley Very Happy

My sister and I currently have a few items on ebay. One of them is an unused electric grill, still in its box, unopened. The photos in the ad show the box, which bears a clear photo of the item. The second photo shows the model number written on the box. There is also a written description of features.

My sister has had one buyer messaging to ask-what does it look like? And is it the same as the one listed above it on ebay. (How would we know, it would depennd on his search terms, we can't know what is showing above our ad every time, no doubt it varies)

He also asked for the model number. My sister answered him and wrote it out (exactly as it shows in the photo) but she said she felt like telling him to google it if he wanted more photos. Some buyers seem to lack a bit of nous. I am sure he expected us to rip open the box, when in fact the item is clearly shown on the box anyway.

Message 58 of 58
Latest reply