Share you irritating buyer stories here

I need to be made to feel better, by knowing everyone else is dealing with stupid buyers as well.

Just had a buyer ask me a question about the sizing of an item AFTER they purchased it. Who wants to bet it wont fit and it'll be my fault in their eyes?

In the same day I had an item which I sent out two months ago returned to me, and today I got a reply from the buyer. They said 'oh, yeah, we've moved, here's the new address'. Well, hold on, firstly, you didn't notice your item go missing for two months?? Secondly, there is a second lot of postage to be paid on this now, you think I'm just going to foot the bill because you moved and gave me your old address? Seriously?

Tell me your stupid buyer story of the week, make me feel better 🙂

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

@jerryman12a wrote:

"Tell me your stupid buyer story of the week, make me feel better"

I'm a buyer , I'm not stupid although I'm sure I've made a few mistakes buying from Sellers who think their buyers are stupid and their transactions need to be publicly discussed in a topic on the ebay
community forums .

I'm a buyer too, and I'm loving this thread.

Most humans are stupid in my book.

Message 31 of 58
Latest reply

Interesting stuff.

So I was thinking.  When a seller creates a listing, wouldn't it be nice if they could select (pre made, saved or made during the listing creation) pre defined statements that a buyer MUST agree to at the checkout and/or commit to buy phase.

e.g.

-  I acknowledge I have read the description of the item in full  [X]

-  I acknowledge I have determined this item fits my needs [X]

[Click to buy]

-  I acknowledge this dress is labelled as a size 16 and suitable for me [X]

[Click to buy]

-  I am aware the seller did not write the script for this movie and is not responsible for it's entertainment value [X]

[Click to buy]

etc.  You get the drift?  You choose 0 or more of these possible statements to include as part of the buyers checkout procedure.  You can make up something new, pick something used before, or something predefined by eBay.

Seems like a simple way to enforce the buyer's confirmation that they do know what they're doing.

Would it work/help? Probably not.

Or how about buyers that automatically add your email address to some distribution list but make NO mention of automatic subscription in their description/terms.  These are the scum that will on sell your email address as well.

Stupidity gets around, no doubt about that.

Message 32 of 58
Latest reply

2 'dumb' questions I have received this week!

1. Sold a dress this morning and received this message this afternoon

'Did this sell? I had wanted to buy it.'

2. Re a pair of jeans I have currently listed (with measurements noted)

'Hi . I am 5'11 so was wondering if these jeans were long enough in the leg for me .. '

All I can do is scratch my head and smile and answer as politely as I can rather than answer with what I want to... Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 58
Latest reply

I had a buyer last night that kept sending me verses from the Bible! He said my username triggered different Biblical verses, so he thought he would share. In the end I had to stop replying to his messages because they were starting to get too intense. 

Not really an irritating buyer. He wasn't trying to Bible bash me or anything, just sharing. It was kind of sweet really. I might have to see if I can find an appropriate verse to leave for his feedback as it seems to be his thing.

Message 34 of 58
Latest reply

@sashas*goodies wrote:

2 'dumb' questions I have received this week!

1. Sold a dress this morning and received this message this afternoon

'Did this sell? I had wanted to buy it.'

I often used to get messages like that; I think it's because a sold item just says "This listing has ended" at the top of the page, whereas it used to state it had sold, so buyers don't know if it sold or not.

Just saw another one of my transactions has resulted in a defect. From another store-holder who purchased over 20 items. They gave a low rating for description for each item. 

😞

Message 35 of 58
Latest reply

That should only count as 1 defect in total though, shouldn't it, as long as all feedback is left in the same 7-day period?
Message 36 of 58
Latest reply

Ha ha , I see that a lot. Luckily I rarely get that and I sell a lot of seeds in another store, but I do get buyers think I'm sending a massive bonsai plant weighing about 10 kilo when the title says seeds and postage is $1
Message 37 of 58
Latest reply

I'm a seller AND a buyer and I must say that I have found a lot of sellers very uncommunicative and lacking in PR skills . I don't know how some ever keep on keeping on.
Message 38 of 58
Latest reply

I see that a lot too.
Shame they didn't go ahead and buy it as the listing had been there for several days..
Message 39 of 58
Latest reply

I list quite a few items that are heavy and need a postage price quoted in the listing for the different states. i am constantly replying to people that want to know the postage, as they haven't read the listing. Annoying.

Message 40 of 58
Latest reply