Share you irritating buyer stories here

I need to be made to feel better, by knowing everyone else is dealing with stupid buyers as well.

Just had a buyer ask me a question about the sizing of an item AFTER they purchased it. Who wants to bet it wont fit and it'll be my fault in their eyes?

In the same day I had an item which I sent out two months ago returned to me, and today I got a reply from the buyer. They said 'oh, yeah, we've moved, here's the new address'. Well, hold on, firstly, you didn't notice your item go missing for two months?? Secondly, there is a second lot of postage to be paid on this now, you think I'm just going to foot the bill because you moved and gave me your old address? Seriously?

Tell me your stupid buyer story of the week, make me feel better 🙂

Message 1 of 58
Latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

A few months back I sold a large piece of furniture from SE Melbourne.  Put in the listing something like willing to assist with delivery within a reasonable distance.....  winning buyer asks AFTER listing end would I be willing to take it to Warrnambool (almost 4 hours away).... ummmmm.....Yeah I should have been more specific with my driving radius.... my fault too.  😛

Message 21 of 58
Latest reply

"Tell me your stupid buyer story of the week, make me feel better"

I'm a buyer , I'm not stupid although I'm sure I've made a few mistakes buying from Sellers who think their buyers are stupid and their transactions need to be publicly discussed in a topic on the ebay
community forums .

Message 22 of 58
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

Have you tried taking the photos against another object like a 5c coin? 

I was going to comment on and +1 vote this yesterday as that's exactly what I do - full measurements in the description, an image next to a coin for scale, which has been working really well.

Until today. (Just saw I got a "smaller than expected" neut for something which has full measurements in the description plus an image showing scale - one in the gallery and one in the description itself). 

Spoiler
pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft
Message 23 of 58
Latest reply

I might still do that though, it's a good idea. I've used coins before to show size, not sure why I didn't this time!

Message 24 of 58
Latest reply

Well, I don't have any stupid buyer stories but, I certainly have two stupid seller stories from today, albeit Gumtree sellers but, same dog........

Both ads virtually identical "Wrecking XYZ car, all parts available, etc."

I happen to have an XYZ car and need 2 specific parts, A & B.

11:15 am Try and call both sellers, no answer, no voice mail, just that annoying "We'll send a text massage to let them know you called" recording.

11:25 am Text both sellers stating that "I'm looking for parts A & B, do you have them available, if so, how much do you want and can I collect today."  Pretty straightforward I thought.

3:00 pm Text back from seller 1 - "If you want part Q I've got one of those"  What the......?

5:20 pm Text back from seller 2 - "If I had part A & B what should I make you pay for them?"  Hmmmmmmmmm, very distinct desire came upon me to re-enact the mechanics workshop scene from "The Mask".

Still fighting that urge actually...........

Message 25 of 58
Latest reply

I had a buyer question which I don't think there is an answer. Selling a formal/cocktail dress. The floaty gathered skirt part fell from under the bust. The buyer wanted to know the waist measurement. That garment didn't have a 'waist' like a skirt or pair of jeans.

Message 26 of 58
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

I had a buyer question which I don't think there is an answer. Selling a formal/cocktail dress. The floaty gathered skirt part fell from under the bust. The buyer wanted to know the waist measurement. That garment didn't have a 'waist' like a skirt or pair of jeans.

I always used "free" as the waist measurement on clothes like that. 

Message 27 of 58
Latest reply

@jerryman12a wrote:

"Tell me your stupid buyer story of the week, make me feel better"

I'm a buyer , I'm not stupid although I'm sure I've made a few mistakes buying from Sellers who think their buyers are stupid and their transactions need to be publicly discussed in a topic on the ebay
community forums .

I never said ALL buyers are stupid.

Just the stupid ones 🙂

Message 28 of 58
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

Funnily enough the clothes I sell as freesize get the most measurment questions of any of them! I choose not to list exact measurments unless asked, but I have taken to giving an approximate size on freesize items

Message 29 of 58
Latest reply

@black*poppy wrote:

What an insightful contribution to the discussion.

No less so than public bagging of buyers. You know, the ones who actually pay the money for our stuff? And might well have the nous to look at the 'seller' board?

Message 30 of 58
Latest reply