Simply Collect at Woolwoths and Big W

Hi guys,

I was just reading up on this new Simply Collect at Woolworths and Big W.

There are double standards here.

Ebay offers buyers 100% Guarantee if they are not happy with their items, and I think this is covered over 90 days from ebay sellers

On facebook, it states with Simply collect at these two stores (Woolworths and Big W)

Your parcel will be held in store for seven days, starting from when you are sent your collection code.

If you fail to collect your item by the date provided you will not be entitled to a refund as you will no longer be covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee.

thoughts?

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Simply Collect at Woolwoths and Big W

Anonymous
Not applicable

One can only assume that the selected pick up address will become

part of the PayPal transaction record or Seller Protection will

go down the drain. Just how this will be achieved is a mystery to me.

Changing a delivery address is usually up to the buyer.

Message 31 of 35
Latest reply

Point taken, however, I do feel that introducing another player in to the whole delivery / receipt process only adds to the possibility of things going wrong and parcels not arriving safely in the hands of the buyer.

Message 32 of 35
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

One can only assume that the selected pick up address will become

part of the PayPal transaction record or Seller Protection will

go down the drain. Just how this will be achieved is a mystery to me.

Changing a delivery address is usually up to the buyer.

if a buyer chooses Click and Collect then the address showing on the Paypal payment and on the ebay order (after the buyer has gone through checkout) is the address of the Woolies or Big W store that the buyer has selected to collect their parcel from. It works no different to when a buyer changes their delivery address for any other reason.

The one advantage of them selecting Click and Collect is that the address details of their Woolies or Big W store are automatically filled in which means there is no problem with buyers entering incorrect address details which happens so often with buyers providing incorrect or incomplete addresses.

The address comes through like this:-

Woolworths

C&C Woolworths Rockdale

eCP: TSN123

1 Rockdale Plaza Drive

ROCKDALE NSW

The 6 digit code is what is used to identify the parcel when the buyer goes to collect it.

Message 33 of 35
Latest reply

Jen, may I ask where you got that address from?

I live in postcode 2216 and the pickup point is Big W, not Woolworths.  The stores are side by side in Rockdale Plaza but Woolworths does not come up as a pickup point when you do a postcode search on the ebay site.

Message 34 of 35
Latest reply

Lyndal - the actual address was for Big W but when I typed it out to show the format I put in Woolworths instead of Big W

That was really just an example to show how the address details come through on the Paypal payment.

Message 35 of 35
Latest reply