Simply Collect at Woolwoths and Big W

Hi guys,

I was just reading up on this new Simply Collect at Woolworths and Big W.

There are double standards here.

Ebay offers buyers 100% Guarantee if they are not happy with their items, and I think this is covered over 90 days from ebay sellers

On facebook, it states with Simply collect at these two stores (Woolworths and Big W)

Your parcel will be held in store for seven days, starting from when you are sent your collection code.

If you fail to collect your item by the date provided you will not be entitled to a refund as you will no longer be covered by eBay Money Back Guarantee.

thoughts?

Message 1 of 35
Latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

A parcel is more secure in an AP outlet where only AP staff can access it than it is behind a counter in a supermarket where any number of casuals have access.  Staff don't nick stuff from superamarkets, is that what they are relying on??

Sounds like another layer of buck passing is being inserted into the system

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 35
Latest reply

Woolworths already has Click & Collect at many stores (for items they sell, plus ezibuy (which they own), so they will have experience in how to run them.

The parcels could be in locked cages.

Woolies staff can't steal products of the shelves (and a bit insulting to infer they are light fingered thieves) so parcels in a dedicated click n collect area is more secure than products on shelves or waiting out the back to be unpacked.

Some large stores inspect employees bags before they leave the premises at the end of the day.

The staff won't know whether a parcel has a gold watch inside it or a $5 toy.

Message 12 of 35
Latest reply

How do you envisage a WW staff member would carry out stealing a large parcel from behind the click and collect counter (when they have no reason to be behind there)? Stick it up their top? Put it in their locker out the back until it is time to go home?

CCTV would put paid to staff theft as well.

Message 13 of 35
Latest reply

AP has a lot of light fingered thieves as do most retail outlets.

My local Woolies is a C&C outlet and currently all parcels are on the floor behind the "enquiries/cigarette" counter unsupervised and in the open within easy reach of both staff and customers.  Nothing safe and secure about that.  At least at the PO parcels are in a secure area awaiting collection.

Message 14 of 35
Latest reply

According to you AP has a lot of light fingered thieves (which I dispute) so parcels go missing in their care..... so why are you complaining about Woolies being a drop off point for eBay parcels? If they both are going to have, according to you, the same outcome.. parcels stolen by staff. 

Parcels get stolen from mailboxes/back doors by passer bys, delivered to the wrong address.. they might be safer at Woolies.

How do you know there is no CCTV on the cigarette/click & collect area?

Message 15 of 35
Latest reply

In case you never listen to news reports, over the past 5 years the Federal & State Police have found thousands of pieces of stolen mail in locked garages of postal workers - parcels and letters.

If a person is going to steal CCTV is not going to stop them.

Message 16 of 35
Latest reply

CCTV camera catches an employee on camera stealing an item (theft from their employer) and they will just get away with it? I don't think so.

Fair enough, if there is no CCTV camera in the area - employees may have the opportunity to steal items.

over the past 5 years the Federal & State Police have found thousands of pieces of stolen mail in locked garages of postal workers - parcels and letters.

Yes, I hear on the news very infrequently that a rogue postie has been found with stolen mail on their property. One recently had just dumped the mail at their home - looked like they were just too lazy to deliver it, rather than stealing it to rifle through it for gift cards or vouchers.

The majority of postal workers don't steal mail. One rogue postie can have hundreds of  stolen letters in their garage. Posties on bikes don't deliver parcels over 500gms do they?

I don't know why you are pointing out AP staff may steal mail when the click and collect is going to be part of Woolies?

Message 17 of 35
Latest reply

@am*3 wrote:

It is a busy time in supermarkets after 5.30p.m... with people stopping in on their way home from work -  buy some groceries, pick up your eBay parcel all in the same store.

Everyone is so fixated on picking up parcels from Woolworths during their extended shopping hours that they are completely ignoring that Big W is involved as well.

Only selected stores are nominated in each area and a random check of several postcode areas in Sydney reveals that there are as many, if not more Big W stores nominated than Woolworths.  And Big W does not have extended shopping hours...just till 6pm on all the stores I checked.

I can see the 7 day pickup or lose your buyer protection being a real problem.

Message 18 of 35
Latest reply

I agree it is likely going to turn out to be a typical eBay nightmare, but one thing WW and Big W do have over the PO is 7 day trading - no matter the hours you work you should be able to make it to a store within the 7 day timeframe.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 19 of 35
Latest reply

Personally, speaking, delivering to a Woolies rather than a street address sounds a lot more secure. There's no chance of a postie trying to 'safe' drop an article; also you don't have to worry about buyers not receiving notices in their letter box to advise that items are available for collection.

Message 20 of 35
Latest reply