So much for free listings

So, I have only used a couple of listings,and, according to my 'promotional offers' I supposedly still have 2 lots of 39 freebies left

Except today when I go to list things it says there is the $1.65 fee

This is both with items I am trying to re-list and with brand new listings

I've done the usual 'fixes' but nothing changes

Has anyone else had this? 

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Same here, I still have all my free listings untouched and yet they want to charge me $1.65

what on earth is going on?

Message 2 of 67
Latest reply

I had the same.

It was a glitch on the USA site a few weeks ago now it's here.

It only seems to happen if you bulk relist.

When I list individually they are free.

image host
Message 3 of 67
Latest reply

Only attempting single items here

also single item for the brand new listing wants to charge me the fee

I swear, ebay could not organise a you know what in a you know where

Message 4 of 67
Latest reply

Well, just contacted them and first they say there is not such issue, and in the next mouthful they say they know about the issue and have the techs working on it (yeah right)

She told me to list my items and 'see what happens'

Pretty much the reply I expected

Message 5 of 67
Latest reply

I am having the exact same problem, let's all hope it fixed soon. I have given up trying to list, be blowed if I am going to pay $1.65 for a listing when supposidly I have 40 free listings waiting to be used. Come on ebay, time to support your sellers!!!

Message 6 of 67
Latest reply

Last month they took the 100 freebies off me without warning, mid week, mid afternoon. Zot, gone. I didn't realise and I listed a few things, then noticed I was getting hit for $1.65. I contacted them and they said to keep listing and at the end of the month get back in touch and they'd remove the insertion fees. I decided not to chance it by listing anything else and lucky I didn't. Got back in touch and no way are they going to remove the listing fees for those items. Basically told me tough luck. Lucky it was only a few things and not 100.

Message 7 of 67
Latest reply

My thoughts exactly!

I had already told the woman I was *not* going to risk it and she still told me do it and see if I get charged...............I mean what the actual rubber duck?

I'll also be keeping an eye on any of the items I already have up *IF* any happen to sell, if ebay try to sneak the $1.65 fee on those (they all said free when I listed) 

Ebay seriously must think we all came down in the last shower

Message 8 of 67
Latest reply

Same here - I've still got 39 left and  - no way am I going to list until this is fixed. So glad I found this thread - hope it's fixed soon though

Message 9 of 67
Latest reply

I contacted them when it was the same on my other account. They said to go ahead and list then contact them for a refund.

I don't want to risk it as I am not confident that I would get the money back.

I just want them to fix the problem.

Message 10 of 67
Latest reply