So much for free listings

So, I have only used a couple of listings,and, according to my 'promotional offers' I supposedly still have 2 lots of 39 freebies left

Except today when I go to list things it says there is the $1.65 fee

This is both with items I am trying to re-list and with brand new listings

I've done the usual 'fixes' but nothing changes

Has anyone else had this? 

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: So much for free listings

Yes.  I got caught .Talked to girl on computer and she said there was a Technical Issue, I shouldn't have been charged

and I she refunded me.   That was Sunday afternoon.   Sent an email reply to ebay and their reply (I think because of the poor English) that I should list my item/s and then ask them for a refund.  Right!   This is now Thursday morning and the $1.65 charge is

still there.   I am now expecting to have to wait until 1st October to see what happens!    I think ebay are testing the waters to see if

we will pay the $1.65 listing fee?   No. way!!!

Message 41 of 67
Latest reply

Aftr 8 unsuccessful attempts via live chat to get an estimate of how long it will take tech to fix the 40 free listings being charged $1.65 listing fees problem, and receiving only platitudinous relies ("tech is working on the problem:, "please be patient" "apologise for inconvenience"), I have finally on the 9th live chat been told that it will take SEVERAL WEEKS to fix the issue.

I, like other posters do NOT trust their assurance that I can list, be charged $1.65 per listing or relisting, and then try to ask for a refund before the monthly invoice is generated (not possible after the monthly invoice is sent, I suspect).

Message 42 of 67
Latest reply

My daughter & I both tried editing relists today - The $1.65 fee was there again! - Backed out as we've been caught before over this issue. If Ebay start charging listing fees I'm having a massive Garage Sale as it won't be worth selling here anymore!

I use other platforms for sales, but recent events lead me to need to downsize fast anyway!

Message 43 of 67
Latest reply

Been a seller for 10 years on ebay never seen this  **bleep** before of relist feesproblem  before ,( ebay must be struggling ) , ripping us off , tryed again today ( ,fresh new month 40 free listing ????? to put items on and they charge fee $1.65 , they send messages saying their trying to fix ??? , they will give fee on relists but not the 40 the say will give you now ?  Is Ebay changing mangerment ???

Message 44 of 67
Latest reply

Applied to credits after ebay told me to after charging for free listings , from customer service , they gave me 4 credits out of the 5  they charged me for ? what happened to the 5th ??

Message 45 of 67
Latest reply

I am SO Sick of this. It has now been 7 days.

I don't believe they are trying to fix this, as i have spoken to IT people and they said it would only be an hour or two to fix the problem.

I believe ebay are testing the water to see if people are prepared to list and pay a fee.

Well not this little black duck.

Im not really black, but my mood is.

I have been considering legal action, as the free listings sitting in my account are clearly false advertising.

I wonder how quickly it would get fixed if they were facing a class action from a few thousand angry people.

I think I am going to have to find another place to sell, not sure where to go as I have tried so many others in the past with no success.

Perhaps I will just have to do garage sales each month.

Message 46 of 67
Latest reply

Yes, it is now 7 days and I am still being charged $1.65 for "FREE" listings! Ebay has removed one of the two "40 free listings" they gave me so why haven't they changed it back to $0.00??
Message 47 of 67
Latest reply

Yes, I am SO sick of this too!  Got "10 free listings & charges" today, Sunday.  Still charging $1.65 listing fee!  Computer typed communication just now to ebay.   Was told exactly the same thing as last Sunday, word for word!     Complete silence from Ebay!

Not good!

Message 48 of 67
Latest reply

I just wish there was another selling platform that was as well known as ebay.

People would be making a huge migration to that.

Message 49 of 67
Latest reply

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Chat-with-eBay-staff/Selling-on-eBay-Thursday-21-September-from-11-3...

I know it is 10 days away, but nothing stopping members from sending michelleoz a message beforehand.  If the problem is still presenting then might be an opportunity to address these selling problems directly with michelle.

Message 50 of 67
Latest reply