So much for free listings

So, I have only used a couple of listings,and, according to my 'promotional offers' I supposedly still have 2 lots of 39 freebies left

Except today when I go to list things it says there is the $1.65 fee

This is both with items I am trying to re-list and with brand new listings

I've done the usual 'fixes' but nothing changes

Has anyone else had this? 

Message 1 of 67
Latest reply
66 REPLIES 66

Re: So much for free listings

123-krc
Community Member
Yes. Same here. Had online chat and was told techs were working on the problem. I was told to keep listing and apply for refunds. Who's going to go to all that trouble! I won't list until it's sorted.
Message 51 of 67
Latest reply

I doubt it is the same problem....the original thread is 8 months old.

Message 52 of 67
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal, new thread started today by Kidsbiz. Sounds like the exact same issue. Surely it hasnโ€™t been going on for 8 months without remedy??

Might have a real close look at billing later today, because Iโ€™ve had it happen too, but it seemed to correct itself.

I wonder how much some sellers are down the tubes without even knowing it?

Melina.

Message 53 of 67
Latest reply

It is a problem which comes and goes Melina.

The new thread was started some 2 hours after I posted on this thread.

Message 54 of 67
Latest reply

Yes. Understand. Was just advising for your info.

eBay is a massive platform, no doubt,  and I guess allowances need to be made at times, but the same issue on and off for 8 months?

ALthough, Iโ€™ve read about other issues that have been going on for years, so SNAFU I guess.

Melina.

Message 55 of 67
Latest reply

I relisted this morning and the problem seems to have been fixed. Smiley Happy

Melina, I think even though it may be a similar problem, same glitches can come and go after they upgrade the site with new things.

image host
Message 56 of 67
Latest reply

as the free listings with no fees ended today, is there a simple way to calculate how much to add to a listing buy it now price to cover fees? like add 10%? i have 37 monthly free listings left to use today.

i'm only going to list that many items.

Message 57 of 67
Latest reply

@ Kopes

Yes Kopes, when you think about it - makes sense. For the same issue of sellers being wrongly charged for a full 8 months, I think thereโ€™d be a lot more noise.

I understand ๐Ÿ™‚

Melina.

Message 58 of 67
Latest reply

whos up for a class action on ebay and paypal for falsifying and misleading sellers for so long. I have record of their wrong doings including the fact they are still operating under the one roof when they stated to be separate companies. Please copy and share! I am sick of their overcharging fees and mistreatment of sellers, save a copy of your logs and calls including emails of which I also have saved in a secret location. Under US and AU jurisdictions they could land in troubled waters for what they are doing including jail time if convicted. I have had a few altercations where ebay hanged up on me after loosing a debate about blocking my account at one stage.

please contact me on liquid-flow@hotmail.com if you are interested in a class action to sue for damages.

Message 59 of 67
Latest reply

@liquidflowtm wrote:

whos up for a class action on ebay and paypal for falsifying and misleading sellers for so long. I have record of their wrong doings including the fact they are still operating under the one roof when they stated to be separate companies. Please copy and share! I am sick of their overcharging fees and mistreatment of sellers, save a copy of your logs and calls including emails of which I also have saved in a secret location. Under US and AU jurisdictions they could land in troubled waters for what they are doing including jail time if convicted. I have had a few altercations where ebay hanged up on me after loosing a debate about blocking my account at one stage.

please contact me on liquid-flow@hotmail.com if you are interested in a class action to sue for damages.

for a number of reasons I am not in a position to join any class action.

I am interested in you keeping the boards updated on any class action you instigate.

There have been many members who have posted about starting class actions against eBay but not one has ever come back to let us know of the progress or costs involved in such an action.

You, however, sound like a real โ€˜go-getterโ€™ and I have every confidence in your ability to head up such an action.

Go get them I say.

Spoiler
my reasons for not being in a position to join a class action include but are not limited to:
- I donโ€™t think you have a case
- I donโ€™t give a toss whether eBay and PayPal are linked in any way
- I have zero income at the moment . . .  and into the foreseeable future so I canโ€™t contribute to any action
- I have only once been overcharged on fees . . . and easily sorted it out in one simple phone call to eBay (20 cent overcharge from memory)
- one case of mistreatment I have received from eBay was when a buyer left me an unwarranted negative on another ID (not the worst thing to happen to me on eBay)
- the other case of mistreatment was when I received notification of a keyword spamming listing policy violation for a listing that was scheduled to start some weeks after I received the violation.  I successfully argued that I was not in violation as the listing was not โ€˜liveโ€™ and the listing title was not searchable . . . therefore no violation was possible unless I failed to edit the listing title before the listing went live.  I got the violation overturned AND a written (email) apology from eBay for the way I was treated
Spoiler
edited to add . . . OCTOBER
Message 60 of 67
Latest reply