So....so....quiet.....

Wow, I can't beleive how quiet it is on Ebay at the moment.  Hardly a peep in sales the last few days and it seems to have decreased somewhat over the past couple of months.  Hoping this isn't going to be an ongoing trend for ebay.....

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: So....so....quiet.....

I wonder if Ebay actually bothers to check the seller forum at all to see the concern sellers have.  If it continues to slide as it does I can honestly see Ebay going the way of Yahoo! 

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

The competition for online sales is growing daily.

Sooo many eBay Amazon and Etsy sellers moving to their own sites.

Sooo many new facebook stores and buying sellers groups.

Sooo many more large retailers expanding their online ranges, special online offers & moving to free returns, same day click & send pick up (fantastic if you live in metro area and hate to wander aisles shopping) etc etc

IMO a decline for some eBay sellers is inevitable 

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

So,I'm not the only one .I seem to have a few sales in the middle of each month.Then all goes dead.I average about 5-7 sales per month.When I first started Ebay way back 2003.I was averaging sales of 15-40 a month.That will never happen again.I have nearly given up on listing.I list more now than I ever have in the past but with such weak sales it's hardly worth wasting my time.

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

Cant beleive how quite it is today and yesterday , its like its public holiday time not even worse. Is this a sign of things to come.

Could it be the Ebay Algorithams, i have a suspecison with all the changes in the softeware upgrades ths may be the cause !

Or it could be due to the banks increasing mortgage rates  ( Now who is not in that situation), that leaves less money for tthe consummers to spend and not to mention our dollar is dropping which scares the consumers as we all know whats going to happen

" Up go the import prices flowing down the supply chain to the consummers ". If this continues i might take a month off and go abrooad , Everyone i know is going to Europe or there abouts. Cheers 

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

very old thread - best to start a new one

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

15 years ago ebay was a well orgainised site to purchase from unlike other websites. Fast forward to today and most businesses have a well run website so ebay no longer has the huge market share for online shopping it used to. 

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

I have 2 user accounts.One of the accounts sells regulary every month.

The other sells virtually nothing.Maybe 1-2  a month..

During August the bad account suddenly became alive ,selling 12 things in 1 month..But its died again..

The other account that usually did sell well. died in August..It hasnt come back to life.

If anything proves throttling.Thats it.

Also what did  I sell in August were mostly international sales.USA and Canada, Spain, Argentina,UK,,I rarely have had a sale to Canada. Never had a sale to Argentina before and it was delivered in record amount of time.Like 5 days.The others are still out there somewhere.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply