Stolen MY picture and put their watermark on top of mine !!!!!

I have spent a lot of time at night while my baby sleep tried to take the pictures of the items, Find the ways to make them looks good, spent money on camera .... tried everything to increased to chance of sale..... and BANG..!!!! some pig just think....Oh!! I wannna use this picture and i will just put my watermark on top!!!

This really **bleep** me off.....

My item number is 171261975873

Last night I found this Item number 221633397160, they use my picture as the first picture of the listing..... thats BAD enough but putting their watermark on top of mine !!!!! ......thats disgusting thing to do !!!

I have reported to ebay last night and called them this morning and they said it may takes 3-4 days to review the case.... Come on guys.... Please do something quick...its pain in the .... everytime I looked at it.... !!!!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Stolen MY picture and put their watermark on top of mine !!!!!

Oh noooo... I feel your pain,,,, how bad that ebay haven't take the listing down... this is bad.... very bad.... I wish they do something in my case... I will keep ringing them again and again and again.....)));

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

the same thing happened to me last week - a Chinese seller was using my pictures! It took 5 days for Ebay to remove the Chinese sellers picture. But, I went on the US Ebay site and found a further 6 Chinese sellers using my photos - I haven't heard back from Ebay and they are still there on the US site.
Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Well, its up to you what you do but when this has happened to me, I contacted the offending ebayer and made it absolutely clear to them that it is NOT ok with me that they use my photos, especially not without asking me and that it is a clear violation of ebay policy to do so. That it is considered YOUR intellectual property and part of your 'brand'. I instruct them in no uncertain terms to remove the photos and use their own and that if that is not done within 'x' number of hours, I will be contacting ebay about the issue.

I have never had to contact ebay because the offenders have been very responsive in removing my appropriated photos from their listings.

I think its very unlikely that the person who's done this, will deny it, when challenged about it by you and it could mean that you don't have to wait the ridiculously long period ebay are quoting to you to get something done about it

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Ok, I can not wait for ebay to resolve this,,, I take your advised and send them a messsage, this is their reply....

""Sorry no problem didn't realize. Will take it off now
Rgds tracy

Thank you for everyone that read and shared your experiences, I honestly think this board that full of people like you guys that tried to help each other out is helpfull more than ebay staff..... I am so very happy this ended.... thanks everyone...I truly appriciated. xx

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Great outcome. Well done.

We contacted the people about using ours and got no response at all.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

maau303
Community Member

You should always watermark your photos on ebay with your store name.Many of my pics were stolen like this.Now i use this software Mass Watermark to bulk watermark and resize my photos.Take a look 

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply