Stuffed about !

I listed a Pinball machine,1 bid,by a brand new ebayer,item is pick up only,I am near Sydney buyer is in Adelaide,(its all turning to **bleep** me thinks)Phoned buyer after I lodged a cancel request,his response was he "would see what he could do for me".Process says he has 10 days to reply.Have tried phoning buyer again and his phone number is now disconnected.Oh and now Ebay has given me the bill for the sale.Tried Ebay support,and they said they would try and contact buyer within 2 days (this was several days ago).Am now expecting Ebay will Auto withdraw payment of funds I do not have covered.Time to give Ebay the flick,am over it.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Stuffed about !

If it's more than 4 days open a non payment dispute, then close it exactly 4 days later and you will get your fees back.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

If you have already opened a cancellation request you cannot change that to an unpaid item dispute now. All you can do now is hope the buyer does nothing about it. If so then after 10 days you will get your fees credited back. If the buyer accepts then you get your fees back right away. If they decline then you will have to argue with eBay to get back your fees.
Best way to handle this situation is to wait 4 days and open an unpaid item dispute. Then you have full control and can close it after another 4 days to get back your fees.
So now just sit tight and wait.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

The trouble is you are probably a kind hearted person & you were trying to help this bidder out and get a quick resolution to what you could see was a problem.

The bidder sounds very arrogant. "would see what he could do for you' indeed.

Your big mistake was lodging a cancellation request.

Why did you do this? Did the bidder ask you to?

I understand you could see the sale going nowhere but why not just have waited 4 days and lodged an unpaid item request?

That would have put the full onus on the bidder to do something and if he could not pay, well, bad luck, one unpaid item strike coming up.

Opinions on here differ but  my view is that in most cases (maybe not all) I would be inclined to avoid cancellations & just go for unpaid item disputes any time an item is not paid for. And just tell people that was my way of getting back selling fees, they need not worry, they need do nothing as the case would close after a few days.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

Not sure why you lodged a cancel request before you spoke to the buyer, you should have found out before taking that step.
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

imastawka
Honored Contributor

That bidder put a bid on another pinball machine.

I wonder if they have stuffed the other seller about as well?

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

Unfortnately, some sellers don't know exactly what to do unless they have watched these boards closely to be aware of how an action you take after a listing has ended can work against you as a seller.  The ins and outs of all this is not clear.  Thank goodness for the members like you who come here and offer their practical knowledge regarding cancelling a sale VS opening a UPI (unpaid item dispute) VS other options ....... and how this affects the fees ebay takes.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

The guy joined ebay  the day he bid on my item,I had sent a message to him with no response,I have only ever had to deal with one other moron on ebay,this was a guy that would not accept my winning bid on an item.As I havnt had to deal with this situation  before,I decided to cancel the deal,unfortunately I went about cancelling it the wrong way.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

Thanks,you just hit the nail on the head .

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Stuffed about !

Wow,you read my mind.That was my thoughts after I spoke with him.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply