Successful reversal of negative feedback

Just wanting to share my joy today - Ebay have agreed with me that a negative feedback left by a buyer for a pickup only item was unjustified and have removed it from my feedback page.

Buyer had made no attempt to contact me about their dissatisfaction (I would have offered some sort of compensation if they had been able to justify their complaint).  They indicated they did not check the item when they picked up.  And they appeared not to have read the description or looked at the photos that mentioned all the faults of the item.  Just neg'd me.  I contacted the buyer and requested that they revise/reverse the negative but they refused, so - on a wish and a prayer - I contacted Ebay.  And I am happy to report it was removed.

Ebay agreed that my description was clear, photos were honest, and that the buyer should have checked the item on pickup.

All they said was that I should give an idea of  the condition in the title of the listing as well (I had done this) - I replied that surely the buyer has some responsibility to read the listing?  

So... persistance pays, sometimes Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Successful reversal of negative feedback

Good on you.

I dare say the reversal is mostly because it was a pick up item.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay keep saying they are trying to be more seller friendly, perhaps they are actually beginning to mean it.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

Ebay keep saying they are trying to be more seller friendly, perhaps they are actually beginning to mean it.

Who are you, and what have you done with PJ?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

That's the funniest thing I've read all week! Thanks for the belly laugh impostor PJ.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply