Sudden selling limits on managed payments

I've transfered to managed payments, I do have a store.  I wanted to update and relist one of my 400 listings and suddenly I get this crazy mnessage. 

"Currently, you've listed or sold 423 items of your 1,000 monthly limit. You can list or sell up to AU $0.00 more to reach your AU $15,000.00 monthly limit. "

Not only that but Ebay wants me again to submit my bank details and drivers license.

I've been on Ebay since the start and now they want to treat me like  a beginner???!

What the hell is going on here, I knew managed payments was a bad idea. I'm seriously considering requesting Ebay to destroy all my private information and just close my account for good. This is just not on!

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

The doomer soap box is that-a-way, man. --------> 

new york new yoooorrrrrkkkk.jpg

Glibness aside, if there's a problem and eBay has stuffed something up, get on them to fix it. Sometimes you feel like you're coming down with a serious flu, but in proper perspective, it was just a little achoo. 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I'm not sure why they are asking for your info again, but triple check that your registered name matches exactly with the information you're supplying during the sign up process.

I re-opened an old store yesterday which hadn't been used in 10+ years and during sign up I saw that the pre-populated information was a shortened version of my legal name, so I backed out, went to my personal details and adjusted. Then I went through the process properly. After inputting my bank details, it says that they will deposit 2 micro amounts, which come though 12+ hours afterwards. You then input those figures from the main seller page and then you're done.

If you've just gone through the sign up, maybe give it 24 hours to adjust?

I also have limits on that account - 900 listings or $15,000 in sales.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Ok, I'll wait till Monday, if it's not fixed I'll call them. Ebay system never works right, always problems. But they never fail to collect the fees,  somehow that always works perfectly.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Only  393 items showing in your store.  Check your other post

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@retrowise wrote:

But they never fail to collect the fees,  somehow that always works perfectly.

You know what, one of my favourite things is paying Ebay fee's,  a little like paying the tax man.

Yes you may think that is strange,   but year on year, when I see I have paid more to Ebay and more to the tax man.   Guess what that means I have made more PROFIT.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Whilst you have not reached your quantity limit, you have reached the dollar amount limit. The 423 items listed multiplied by their prices and quantities have reached $15,000.

Don't take it personal, it is an eBay security feature to prevent someone hijacking your account and listing Thousands of dollars of high end equipment as part of a scam. Ebay does not know if this is occurring and want to make sure that you are who you say you are in trying to exceed your limit (which you can ask them to increase) 

If you don't want to go through the process but still want to list more, reduce your quantities so you free up the dollar value ie if you have listed item "z" at $50 qty=10, change it to qty=3 , and you free up $50x7=$350 so you can list new item "y" at $20 qty=1 and more items up to the $350 you free up. As you sell "z", you ca then adjust qty from (now 2) back to 3

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@****pro**** wrote:

If you don't want to go through the process but still want to list more, reduce your quantities so you free up the dollar value ie if you have listed item "z" at $50 qty=10, change it to qty=3 , and you free up $50x7=$350 so you can list new item "y" at $20 qty=1 and more items up to the $350 you free up. As you sell "z", you ca then adjust qty from (now 2) back to 3

I've done that before, it works well.

Or they could end the most expensive item ($773.50),  and list a heap of cheaper ones.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

If you multiple quantities of anything, that will count towards both your item and dollar limit, even if it's just one listing.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

If you multiple quantities of anything, that will count towards both your item and dollar limit, even if it's just one listing.

Yes, and including variations.  I have a few listings with multiple variations, and multiple quantities of each,  so can easily have 400 items in just one listing.   

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply