Suing Ebay Australia for freezing my funds due to a seamingly endless beauracracy limbo

I sold a Laptop for $1000 on Ebay. The buyer then complained the laptop was not good and wanted to refund back the purchase. My Paypal funds were frozen for this.

The buyer than sent the item back to me (I had to purchase the shipping labels)

Later, the buyer said he changed his mind and wanted the laptop back. He purchased the shipping labels and asked me to send the laptop back to him.

I sent the laptop back to the buyer.

It's been almost a month since the buyer received the item and until now my Paypal funds are still frozen. I can't get the money out.

I have contacted Ebay via chat but unfortunately they are unable to do anything other than wait.

I'm am now thinking of taking legal action in small claims court in Western Australia since Ebay is a registered business entity in Australia.

Question:

1) Have anyone experienced similar situation?

2) Have anyone successfully sued ebay on this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Suing Ebay Australia for freezing my funds due to a seamingly endless beauracracy limbo

Hang on you start by saying you have never had bad feedback,  you have 2 negatives.   2 negatives dont make a right.

Wont even bother reading the rest if you cant even get your opening sentence right.  or is that neg

Message 31 of 33
Latest reply

Re: Suing Ebay Australia for freezing my funds due to a seamingly endless beauracracy limbo

So the class action is because you know your individual case doesn't stack up?

Message 32 of 33
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 33 of 33
Latest reply