Support Required for Fellow Seller/s

Disgruntled and unhappy with the new Defective Defect System ?

Could it effect you ?  If you haven't realised yet, yes it can effect ALL Sellers

Read more on John's thread :  Selling account restricted permanently

lou*s thread :  Defect system, consider damage control NOW

Also members comments on the petition

Please consider supporting our fellow Sellers Petition requesting change

In my opinion, the only possible way to be heard by Ebay and to see any change is if we stand together and support each other in huge numbers !

If we do nothing - nothing changes !

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Support Required for Fellow Seller/s

WOW, it's gone from 7 - 18 overnight!! It may also appear in the inbox of people because Change does that....they spam you with other causes. Not such a bad thing though.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks so much cq, as said before, I'm a computer/technology dummy, lol.  Couldn't get it to work Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Yeah, what do they say, Slow and Steady ?  We need a few 000's after those numbers though

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

O Oh, seems I'm in all sorts of strife here guys - please help

Refer post on Buyers Board.  How do I remove link and change wording ?

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

All good.  Reported myself  !!!   Better me than someone else I guess   Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Dissussion on the global purging of small sellers from ebay has been going on for many months now.

The CEO of ebay has not wanted to manage a "Garage Sale" site since he took over and has systematically been altering the target market for ebay over the last 5 years. Most of the changes affected the US & Eu markets, but now with the Global Solution algorithms, Au is swept up in the defective "Defect Seller" program. In a lot of cases, the defect program has been applied to seller accounts backdated 12 months.

Until there is a change of policy direction from the top, "Dear John" recipients will have their accounts closed with no recourse or opportunity to rectify issues with either buyers or ebay.

All they want you to do now is finalise your seller fee account & find somewhere else to sell.

CSO's, Supervisors, etc have been told that the decisions made by the algorithm are final & they have been given zero ability to amend anything or re-instate any account. ebay's "Trust & Safety" and appeals departments have been disbanded & no longer exist.

All customer service calls are now routed thru' a 24/7 3rd party company in the the Phillipines & while it may seem you are getting somewhere, at the end of the day you will achieve nothing. This has actually been stated by ebay exec's in ebay "Town Hall" meetings.

Even if ebay change policy (which will take months), it is doubtful that existing accounts will be re-instated, so all your feedback, etc ... will be gone & you will have to start again.

There is absolutely nothing that sellers can do to change their situation ...... The only thing that will is the ebay share price & the next 2 quarters reports to the US stock markets.

It is a sad & deplorable time .... and one that leaves you with no choice but to look for other selling platforms.

Dear John letter discussion

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

The CEO of ebay has not wanted to manage a "Garage Sale" site since he took over and has systematically been altering the target market for ebay over the last 5 years

This is probably the hardest thing for so many long term, hard working & loyal Sellers - so often you read on the boards 'Sellers made eBay what it is to-day' and now that it is such a successful site, and they have used all those Sellers to get to where they want to be they are vilifying them . . . . . .  disgraceful !

As I already said somewhere, I don't really understand why the need for the big corporations to be here, they all have their own websites.  As a Buyer, I would assume there would be an added Fee for the privilege of shopping on ebay, so I would either buy from their B&M store or from their web-site direct.   Lol, am I not normal ??  I just can't see how successful it will actually be loading eBay with the big boys - I mean look at their Feedback, based on that alone I wouldn't contemplate buying from them . . . . .

Just my opinion of course . . . . . . I'm sure there will be plenty who disagree

It is a sad & deplorable time .... and one that leaves you with no choice but to look for other selling platforms.

So, so true.  If only at least one of those platforms recognised the opportunity . . . . . . . . . quickly like !

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Have you seen it's only up to 25 today ? I think everyone is too scared these days and just want to lie low and tow the line - sad really. There are more than 25 on these posts alone who aren't happy, but they're not speaking up
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

So, so true.  If only at least one of those platforms recognised the opportunity . . . . . . . . . quickly like !

It's not just the platforms ... It's sellers as well.

Hits & activity will wake up platform Admins relatively quickly .....

But the sellers ...... sigh .....

I see plenty posting on these boards whining that there is no result for the piddly time it takes to park their excess stock there, but when I check them out, their prices are 10+% higher than here. And these are Buy Nows.

They should be close to 10% less.

Buyers aren't stupid .... but some sellers sure are.

I get sales from there. I get the price I want. I even refer people there for request items. Because I price based on site cost, they often become multiple purchases, which makes both of us happy.

I have no worries about a ping because I can't ship from Qld to WA in 2 days ....

I use their Express Lister to create listings & when I want to I just copy the HTML into my ebay listing. Much more user friendly. No penalty for cancelling a listing there.

Bottom line is, every listing I create either here or there is a possible search engine pick up for a potential buyer. That's the hook.

It's up to the fisherman to set the right bait once the fish is attracted. That's much easier than trying to get it back once it has swum past ......

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply