Support Required for Fellow Seller/s

Disgruntled and unhappy with the new Defective Defect System ?

Could it effect you ?  If you haven't realised yet, yes it can effect ALL Sellers

Read more on John's thread :  Selling account restricted permanently

lou*s thread :  Defect system, consider damage control NOW

Also members comments on the petition

Please consider supporting our fellow Sellers Petition requesting change

In my opinion, the only possible way to be heard by Ebay and to see any change is if we stand together and support each other in huge numbers !

If we do nothing - nothing changes !

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Support Required for Fellow Seller/s

Have you seen it's only up to 25 today ?

That's only the froth & bubbles on the top of the sink.

Global stats show that less than 5% of site users are also site forum users.

There will be many more blundering around in the ebay abyss wondering what the hell has happened.

Off ebay forums are reporting up to 15,000 so far ........  10+ year Powersellers .... gone. All listings, feedback, everything gone. And no way to get back on.

I'm not to sure about how this big, global, retail partnership the ebay CEO dreams of is going to pan out once the $$$ roost at the next quarterly stockholder's report. The last one wasn't good.

1 ej logo.gif

Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

It's really strange that many will commend on these forums yet won't sign the petition..

Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

I posted the link on my Facebook page and got 3 people comment that they had signed. Not sure if anyone else signed and didn't comment on my post. It was up to 37 last night. I'll repost it on my Facebook every few days as a reminder to people. I suggest that anyone else who supports this Change also post it on their preferred form of social media too.

Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

As a buyer mainly, I was interested to read this because it has been exactly my impression-that ebay was becoming more a business site than what it used to be like, with lots of private sales and smaller volume sellers.

I did complete an ebay survey the other day and a lot of the questions hovered around the issue of did I expect and want well known shops and big companies.

I took the time to write in the comments section and said I didn't like the way it was crossing over to mainly new items, sold by big sellers and Chinese sellers.

The harsh truth is this. Retail sites are catching up. I used to look for some brands of clothes on ebay but now I go directly to their sales website. I spend a fair bit on Catch of the Day, Groupon and other daily deal websites. A lot of other people are starting to do the same.

So if ebay try to kick out a lot of the smaller volume sellers, where the service is often more personal, then I wouldn't be surprised if their overall sales started to fall.

A decade ago, ebay was almost unique, there wasn't much else out there offering such a range. But it's not as true now.

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

15,000 - 10+ Years PowerSellers - GONE

Wow, that is a staggering figure - can't imagine how much heartache and distress !

What makes it even sadder is they ARE the ones who got eBay to where it is today !  And if they were not good Sellers the majoriy at least would not have still been around.  And this is the thanks they get.

There is so much pride amongst these Sellers too - you read posts often about milestones, Reaching a 10 year Anniversary, Sales Total reached a million $, Feedback Scores etc etc.

If that many employees were retrenched from a big business, we'd all be screaming !

I get that we don't work for them (or do we ?) - but they do offer the opportunity to make an income and they have in an instant deprived so many of that opportunity.

Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

MB I imagine some of those sellers needed to go.

Not all eBay sellers do a fantastic job.

Being a powerseller nowadays is not a particularly difficult achievement anymore, the bar has been lowered to a very low level.

IMO there are many sellers on eBay who still need to lift their game considerably.

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

I agree. I'm a Powerseller and it took little effort to get it. Given I sell less than 10 things a week (on a good week), I don't think I deserve to have Powerseller status. It should be reserved for people who sell way more than what I do!

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Undoubtedly cats, there would have been some that slipped through the cracks (we could probably name a few, lol), but 15,000 ! 

I know what you're saying about becoming a Powerseller not being a particularly difficult achievement as I will freely admit, when I started seriously selling about a year ago (by which I simply mean, spending more time, putting in a lot more effort and listing more items etc) I have to say, I was amazed at how quickly I went to Powerseller status.  I recall at the time feeling slightly embarrassed and humbled as I do not put myself in the same league as a lot of the big Powersellers.  Well not in terms of experience, knowledge of policies, the selling tools, that kind of thing.  I have plenty of face-to-face sales and customer relations experience, a pretty extensive accounting background and loads of patience, but most of my working years were in the dinosaur days - before computers and all the on-line technology, so it's been an amazing learning experience - and of course, I'm still learning  Smiley Happy

So yes, I get what you mean - but at the same time, I regarded the status as a priveledge and that served to make me even more determined to maintain 100% Feedback, the way I saw it, anything less was unacceptable.  Plus, it would be a reflection that the status didn't really stand for much.

That all said, and sorry to ramble on, yes there are some that need to lift their game for sure, but I still maintain as Sellers, we are too vulnerable when it comes to Feedback left by Buyers - I have always felt that, but now with the new system it is impossible to even plead your case and there are too many good Sellers not even given a chance - it's like no matter what, the Buyer is always right, even if they made a mistake or didn't understand how the system works.

Just my thoughts of course . . . . . . . .

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:
yes there are some that need to lift their game for sure, but I still maintain as Sellers, we are too vulnerable when it comes to Feedback left by Buyers - I have always felt that, but now with the new system it is impossible to even plead your case and there are too many good Sellers not even given a chance - it's like no matter what, the Buyer is always right, even if they made a mistake or didn't understand how the system works.

Just my thoughts of course . . . . . . . .

I agree with your sentiments about sellers being particularly vulnerable to feedback left by buyers.

However I also think that many of the sellers being removed are the ones that have excessive cancellations as they are listing stock they do not have.  Making a few mistakes in this area is one thing, but making the same mistake over and over again, I think not. 

This measure is applied quite separately to feedback and DSRs, it is by the sellers own hand.  

TBH I think it is quite a sound measure of performance.

It is one of the only measures that is in 100% control of a seller (with more effort required for higher volume sellers)

- if you don't have the stock, don't list it. 

- If you are not sure what quantity you have in stock - count it before it is listed. 

- List conservative quantities so you have reserve stock at hand if required.

- if you are a large volume seller and your systems are letting you down in terms of available quantity - change your systems.

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

@ejholden1963 wrote:

So, so true.  If only at least one of those platforms recognised the opportunity . . . . . . . . . quickly like !

It's not just the platforms ... It's sellers as well.

Hits & activity will wake up platform Admins relatively quickly .....

But the sellers ...... sigh .....

I see plenty posting on these boards whining that there is no result for the piddly time it takes to park their excess stock there, but when I check them out, their prices are 10+% higher than here. And these are Buy Nows.

They should be close to 10% less.

Buyers aren't stupid .... but some sellers sure are.

I get sales from there. I get the price I want. I even refer people there for request items. Because I price based on site cost, they often become multiple purchases, which makes both of us happy.

I have no worries about a ping because I can't ship from Qld to WA in 2 days ....

I use their Express Lister to create listings & when I want to I just copy the HTML into my ebay listing. Much more user friendly. No penalty for cancelling a listing there.

Bottom line is, every listing I create either here or there is a possible search engine pick up for a potential buyer. That's the hook.

It's up to the fisherman to set the right bait once the fish is attracted. That's much easier than trying to get it back once it has swum past ......

My prices are ballpark that, ej, but I still haven't sold anything there in the last 6 months, whereas I've sold several hundred here.

Message 20 of 22
Latest reply