Suspended for ending a listing?

I listed a product but then I immediately decided to cancel it to learn more about the product and get a better idea of how much to sell it for (cancelled within 2 minutes of listing). I was then immediately notified that my account had been suspended :S 

Does ending a listing violate eBay's policies?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Suspended for ending a listing?

"You need to provide documentation proving your identity" is the reason why I was banned. Uhhh okay...

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

No ending a listing is not a violation or the option to do so would not be there.

Call ebay on their free call number and ask for it to be lifted as you did nothing wrong.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Could be another one of their restrictions on new sellers to go with the 21 days holding of payments?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Or a totally different reason the OP is not aware of yet.

May have been purely coincidental it happened around the same time.

image host
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

It won't let me contact them for an enquiry regard account suspension/restriction.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

That is ebay telling you they do not want to deal with you now, or ever..

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

But honestly, I've really done nothing wrong. 

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

"Your eBay account was suspended because recent account activity has raised serious security concerns. We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay Community.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account.

Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file"

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

"You need to provide documentation proving your identity" is the reason why I was banned. Uhhh okay...

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Just be sure it really is an ebay email.    Did it come through the ebay messages, or to your own email?

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply