The Writing is on the Wall

It has been such a bad two weeks with returns, never had this much in 12 months than I have had in the past 10 days.

I think perhaps the buyers are already aware that they hold the power.

Dress is the wrong colour cream, my boobs are too big for the tunic, it just doesn't look right on me, its lovely but I look too big etc. etc. etc.

You can't say no, or you risk a neg (defect), you shouldn't say yes because you're not a Shopping Mall where you get to try before you decide to buy.

Totally Screwed whatever way you choose to deal with it.

I had already decided that certain products I would cease to sell on the 1st November as they would cause me too much grief and be possible avenues for scammers to claim INAD, keep the item and get the refund (perfume and cosmetics).

But I thought my BNWT items were safe, but maybe not, now buyers can purchase, try on at home and decide its not right for them and get a refund, with possibly not even returning the item.

Not sure where to go from here, if this is happening now, how will it be from the 1st November.

4,000 in fees a month will maybe buy me some stress free environment elsewhere.

I would really be interested to know if  other clothing sellers are striking the same trend.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: The Writing is on the Wall

eBay - the webs biggest online Hire Store - bid,buy.use,return!

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

LOL I had a good laugh at this.

Reminds me of my experience a couple of months ago (on a gumtree sale, not ebay though) where I listed a set of drawers with about 4 or 5 photos, inside drawers, outside, whole thing etc

Plus every measurement right down to the cm. It was a fairly standard tallboy.

I had a deluge of interest but the first man to come look (and he did buy) said-oh I thought it would be much bigger than this, with more drawers.

Then-will you take $60 for it instead of $70 because it is smaller.Smiley LOL

Smaller than what? His brain? LOL

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

If you're paying $4000 a month in fees you must have some turnover (if fees are 20%) your turnover must be $20k. I can't see how you could walk away from that sort of revenue. So what if you get a few returns - it really is the price of doing business. Ebay is the best platform by far and has the most traffic. If you leave, you'll be back.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply