The "Good till Cancelled" fiasco has begun for me.

I am a non store owner. Yesterday I had 40 free listings. Today I have 39 yet I have not listed anything. One of my sales came to an end and now sits at the bottom of the listings with a "relist item" button, which informs me that "this item didn't automatically reslist".

Investigating and getting the item number for the so-called used free listing, brings up this very item, which tells me that the item is relisted with "good till cancelled" Doing a general search for it, and yes, it is indeed relisted, but does not show as such in my items for sale. I wonder what would happen if I went to relist this item from my sales list and if it would then show as another free listing used. I have not received any email from eBay regarding these changes, nothing at all.

Your thoughts please.

Message 1 of 98
Latest reply
97 REPLIES 97

Re: The "Good till Cancelled" fiasco has begun for me.

@funkyflamingo* wrote:

How do you manage all your emails from the different stores. The only reason I ask, is if I use google chrome, I can only look at one ebay account at a time, (log out, and then log into another ebay account) unless I have different search engines on my computer to look at different stores at one time. 

I used to have 3 stores with 3 different addresses. I had the emails from 2 forwarded to the third so I only needed to open up 1 email account - that may work for you.

Message 61 of 98
Latest reply

@cezm wrote:

@funkyflamingo* wrote:

How do you manage all your emails from the different stores. The only reason I ask, is if I use google chrome, I can only look at one ebay account at a time, (log out, and then log into another ebay account) unless I have different search engines on my computer to look at different stores at one time. 

I used to have 3 stores with 3 different addresses. I had the emails from 2 forwarded to the third so I only needed to open up 1 email account - that may work for you.

My Emails all go to my Outlook account as I have the other account Synced with it,good.gif

Message 62 of 98
Latest reply

The Inactive (Stale) listing policy only applies to listings that haven't had a sale in 12 months

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/inactive-listing-policy/default/inactive-listings-policy?id=4628

"Listings that have been onsite for one year or more without sales are considered inactive. Because of this, we may end listings that have been active for one year or more without any sales, or require sellers to pay additional fees for such listings.

We may require a seller to limit their number of listings or pay additional fees to keep the listings if we consider that a seller has a very high number of inactive listings or listings that are likely to become inactive."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I still sell items that are older than 12 months, that's annoying.

would ending all the items before the year is up and relisting as sell similar give new item numbers so you wouldn't lose them or get higher fees? Just a thought.

Message 63 of 98
Latest reply

The Inactive (Stale) listing policy only applies to listings that haven't had a sale in 12 months

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/inactive-listing-policy/default/inactive-listings-policy?id=4628

"Listings that have been onsite for one year or more without sales are considered inactive. Because of this, we may end listings that have been active for one year or more without any sales, or require sellers to pay additional fees for such listings.

We may require a seller to limit their number of listings or pay additional fees to keep the listings if we consider that a seller has a very high number of inactive listings or listings that are likely to become inactive."

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The only thing I can suggest if you want to avoid ebay relisting at your expense is to change to auction with a buy-it-now option.

Message 64 of 98
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I still sell items that are older than 12 months, that's annoying.

would ending all the items before the year is up and relisting as sell similar give new item numbers so you wouldn't lose them or get higher fees? Just a thought.

Probably. But nothing is certain anymore on ebay. 

Anyway - has this policy even been implemented? 

Message 65 of 98
Latest reply

Same boat as you. I am so furious. Had a "chat" session with them and apparently I should have ended all my listing and took advantage of the weekend promo. **bleep**

Message 66 of 98
Latest reply

Also I didn't notice this happened last month until now either

Message 67 of 98
Latest reply

@cliffoshaz wrote:

Same boat as you. I am so furious. Had a "chat" session with them and apparently I should have ended all my listing and took advantage of the weekend promo. **bleep**

I feel sorry for both of you; so far this hasn't happened to me, but only because I've been hyper vigilant and so far haven't slipped up, and this is only the first week of this new 'system'.  Today I am in the process of doing exactly what the rep suggested in your 'chat' - despite the fact it seems almost underhanded, or at very least not the way I'd asume the system is supposed to be used.

This reminds me of when I told a rep during a phone conversation that I was going to put a disclaimer into my items saying that because Ebay keep arbitrarily changing my items to 'accept best offer', I wouldn't honour any accepted offers  unless I had specifically stated otherwise in the text of the item description. Ebay told me this ewas a good idea, and gave me their approval to do it. Which is pretty nuts.

Message 68 of 98
Latest reply

@funkyflamingo* wrote:

Hey Chameleon,

Thank you for your response.

I have thought of doing that for many years, but I am not too sure how I can transfer for example: books from one store to another.  I transfer all my listings from my website within two clicks, so I may have to look at, is there a way to transfer to different stores?. 

So many hours go into listing, and getting rid of active content last year nearly killed me, as I couldn't do it in bulk listings.  

Oh the dramas of being on ebay!

You always leave wonderful and insightful advice.

Thanks again

Funky Flamingo

How do I manage ebay emails ? ..........With bulk delete................Smiley Very Happy

I dont actually ever look at ebay emails. I do everything using ebay messages and the sold menu tools. A couple of the email accounts for the stores where set up just for those stores. I have kept the log in details for emergencies, but havnt looked at the accounts for a couple of years, so there might be a few emails banked up there. The one store that is linked to an email account we do use, the wife just bulk deletes all ebay & paypal messages.....Smiley Surprised

As far as I know there hasnt been any problems with this system yet and if there has been problems, I,m blissfully unaware of them.

Message 69 of 98
Latest reply

@lupercal wrote:

@cliffoshaz wrote:

I feel sorry for both of you; so far this hasn't happened to me, but only because I've been hyper vigilant and so far haven't slipped up, and this is only the first week of this new 'system'.  Today I am in the process of doing exactly what the rep suggested in your 'chat' - despite the fact it seems almost underhanded, or at very least not the way I'd asume the system is supposed to be used.

This reminds me of when I told a rep during a phone conversation that I was going to put a disclaimer into my items saying that because Ebay keep arbitrarily changing my items to 'accept best offer', I wouldn't honour any accepted offers  unless I had specifically stated otherwise in the text of the item description. Ebay told me this ewas a good idea, and gave me their approval to do it. Which is pretty nuts.

They keep doing that to 2 or 3 of my listings. I'd turn it off, they'd turn it back on again. So, I played their game. If, for example, the price is $20, I have it set to reject anything below $19.98 and accept anything over $19.99. SO far that has worked! I check them every now and then, and the prices I inserted have stayed.

Message 70 of 98
Latest reply