Thoughts on international shipping?

A few months ago I stopped all my international shipping due to postal delays.

I'm thinking of opening up shipping to the USA again, but upping the postage charge to cover tracking, even for single items.

Is anyone still shipping to the USA and how long are you finding posting times, compared to what Aus Post are putting on their website?

I just had a lady contact me to say that an item I had sent untracked in April arrived at her home today, so this took over 4 months to get to her, but that does seem to be well above average.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

My last US parcel was 2 weeks but have not sent anything in the last month so things may have changed.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't trust it just yet.  

Now Trump is threatening to hold back funding,and the mail service is getting slower.

USPS is facing a crisis atm

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/us-postal-service-delay-funding-crisis-mail-election-trump-explai...

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/08/13/trump-usps-postal-service-post-office-history-3950...

There is other news, if you google.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

I wouldn't trust it just yet.  

Now Trump is threatening to hold back funding,and the mail service is getting slower.

USPS is facing a crisis atm

Exactly this.

And don't go waiting until the last minute to post off your ballot papers to there, either! 😄

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I don't send anything overseas without tracking, I know it costs more, but if they dont want to pay the extra, I dont mind loosing the sale
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I have opened some of my items to USA, UK and NZ. - set at standard international postage (with tracking)

I have had a couple of purchases and in each case, as soon as they buy, I have emailed them saying I am willing to post but Australia Post advises that due to the virus, postage delays may be incurred from 8 to 10 weeks, would they like to continue?     In each case the buyer has written back saying they understood and were willing to wait.

Obviously I have only opened up the more expensive items - as the cost of standard international postage is quite staggering.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

And I've been lucky

Posted to US  13 July,   delivered 1 August

Posted to US  17 July,   delivered  28 July.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I reopened sales limited to US, UK and NZ a few weeks back as delivery improved to around 2 to 3 weeks, and sales started slow but then went through the roof.

Last week I reopened to the world except a few countries that still aren't accepting mail, eg. had a request from Argentina and had to tell them no sorry.

So far sales have stayed within just the US, Canada and UK (as well as AU) so I don't know if there's much of a (reliable) market outside of this network at the moment.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

I never stopped my international sales and all have turned up, maybe I was lucky.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

hu916156
Community Member

No just having issues wirh a person wont deliver to australia 

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply